Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was considering this ****ing mess on the way to work today. I'm no less angry about it than I was this time last year.

No ****ing idea what they are doing.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I was considering this ****ing mess on the way to work today. I'm no less angry about it than I was this time last year.

No ****ing idea what they are doing.

What they're doing is trying to work out what the government's approach to Brexit is, weeks after they have actually started negotiating and way into the two year window. It is an embarrassing shambles, created by europhobic headbangers and driven by the gullible. I am as angry as you are, not least at the fact that few politicians have stood by their principles.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The whole thing is a complete mass. Can't we just have another referendum? Now people realise what leaving actually involve, I think the result would be very different.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What they're doing is trying to work out what the government's approach to Brexit is, weeks after they have actually started negotiating and way into the two year window. It is an embarrassing shambles, created by europhobic headbangers and driven by the gullible. I am as angry as you are, not least at the fact that few politicians have stood by their principles.

Not forgetting the unnecessary election that took up a few weeks of negotiating time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's not really about border control and immigration issues though - it's custom checks on goods. In the absence of a reciprocal Customs Union deal post-Brexit, if you were an exporter to The EU, would you think that your client base there would be happy with delays to orders? As I understand it, prior to Maastricht, some exporters factored in 3 days through customs delays for goods to reach their detestation within The EU. Incidentally, do you think an open border with The Republic of Ireland and The Good Friday Agreement being upheld is a good thing?

Also think it was Hammond who responded to Boris by pointing out the further issue with no lengthy transitional phase that exporters with say a 5 year contract to supply goods to a EU customer could suddenly be faced with a tariff of 30% on their goods which immediately hits their bottom line.

So a great Brexit for business and jobs. We seem to be heading for the cliff edge Brexit but without any parachutes and there will be lots of casualties around the country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[Tweet]879665164307640320[/Tweet]

I wish all Tories were like Anna, hard to disagree with her, the oldies screwed over the youngsters a year ago. The rest of her party need to take a long hard look at themselves over the summer, things have changed. We're still leaving but hopefully a common sense Brexit.

If we don't expect the term "Remain Brain Drain" to become commonplace

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The whole thing is a complete mass. Can't we just have another referendum? Now people realise what leaving actually involve, I think the result would be very different.

I think if we had another YES / NO vote the result would again won by a small margin in either direction, the result would continue to be a nation tearing itself apart, neither side would be content.

What we need is a ratification vote on the final deal, ie do we go for it, or keep the status quo. Its what the Lib Dems ratherly poor communicated during the election campaign.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I wish all Tories were like Anna, hard to disagree with her, the oldies screwed over the youngsters a year ago. The rest of her party need to take a long hard look at themselves over the summer, things have changed. We're still leaving but hopefully a common sense Brexit.

If we don't expect the term "Remain Brain Drain" to become commonplace

Another Remainer politician who voted in favour of Article 50. There's a lot of them.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Not forgetting the unnecessary election that took up a few weeks of negotiating time.

I don't know who writes Theresa May's speeches but she seems to give the same reply to whatever question she is asked and uses the same stock phrases again and again. Or maybe she has just been replaced by a robot as don't think anyone would notice.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I don't know who writes Theresa May's speeches but she seems to give the same reply to whatever question she is asked and uses the same stock phrases again and again. Or maybe she has just been replaced by a robot as don't know anyone would notice.

"I have been VERY clear on this point" repeat ad nauseam

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Seeing as there's not time to negotiate within the specified time I gather there may be a forced UK 2nd referendum as part of the negotiations. The Tories will easily pander to it. It will appease the government and about 70% of the public second time round.

How very EU like - we got the wrong answer so keep asking it until we get the right answer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's not going to happen. In 2 years time it'll be such a mess that we'll have to take an off the shelf Norway option.

That's my prediction.

Part of schengen border-free area in the single market, higher per capita immigration than the UK, similar contributions to us

Sounds worse than the good deal we already have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here