Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thumbs down feature?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No thanks. Was quite annoyed when it was first removed, but now I've got used to it not being there, IMHO NSC is better without it.

Yes. It facilitated trolling. There are far more varied views and engaged correspondents on here now. A lazy and bullying thumbs down on anything not fitting the prejudices of certain folks with strong and noisy opinions, while obviating them of any need to explain, was poor internet forum curatage, IMNSHO, take note [MENTION=1197]Bozz[/MENTION]er :wave

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm against all forms of passive aggression tbh.

7CYktU3.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thumbs down would be given based on a differing viewpoint rather than the argument itself. It would be little more than a popularity poll.

It's a lazy way of disagreeing with a point of view rather than having the resolve and taking the time to reply in a considered, measured way.

The threat of receiving thumbs down votes might dissuade some from expressing alternative counter cultural viewpoints, however valid.

It would also be a way of emphasizing differences between us and things we disagree on rather than those which we share.

In short, I think it did make NSC a more negative place when it was there.

Thumbs down to thumbs down.
I agree.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Probably been covered by why is it actually disabled? There are certainly threads (usually political) where it would be a good indicator on certain issues. Having just the thumbs up feature comes across a bit "Everyone wins at sports day" to me

down.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here