Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League 2 Playoffs - Looking BLEAK for Nathan Jones

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fecking hate Luton, Jones in charge or not. Shithole of a town and neanderthal fans and after that blatant dive I hope Blackpool beat the twunts

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I started watching, with the volume down, and spent the first five mins thinking Luton were Blackpool. Why are they playing in orange?

Orange has been associated with Luton for many seasons - Wikipedia - Luton Town Club Identity

The club is associated with two very different colour schemes—white and black (first permanently adopted in 1920), and orange, navy and white (first used in 1973, and worn by the team as of the 2015–16 season). Luton mainly wore a combination of light blue and white before 1920, when white shirts and black shorts were first adopted. These colours were retained for over half a century, with the colour of the socks varying between white and black, until Luton changed to orange, navy and white at the start of the 1973–74 season. Luton began playing in white shirts, shorts and socks in 1979, with the orange and navy motif reduced to trim; navy shorts were adopted in 1984. This palette was retained until the 1999–2000 season, when the team played in orange shirts and blue shorts. From 2000 to 2008, Luton returned to white shirts and black shorts; orange was included as trim until 2007. The white, navy and orange palette favoured in the 1980s was brought back in 2008, following the results of a club poll, but a year later the colours were changed yet again, this time to a predominantly orange strip with white shorts. Navy shorts were readopted in 2011. Luton are wearing orange shirts, navy shorts and white socks during the 2015–16 season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
5-5 in the other semi Exeter v Carlisle

Jul 7, 2003
I started watching, with the volume down, and spent the first five mins thinking Luton were Blackpool. Why are they playing in orange?

Luton historically have always had Orange in their kit. I think they switched from orange as the main colour when they went into the old first division many years ago and it is only recently they have switched back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here