Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trevor Arms, Glynde

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Drove past it today on the way home. Very sad and could be such a decent stop off. Given it is so close to a station that you could even make it work for Albion match days alone but hey, what do I know??

The sort of place that I would have been interested in driving out to, for a summer Sunday lunch.

It's a funny thing, but despite living in West Sussex for nigh on thirty years, I've hardly ever crossed the county boundary in to East Sussex, so it's still very much Indian Territory to me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is it still closed? I was looking for a country pub lunch tomorrow and wondered if this was an option

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah I remember when half our year turned up there in year 11 n got plastered

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is it still closed? I was looking for a country pub lunch tomorrow and wondered if this was an option

It was still very much closed about a month ago. Don't go to the Rose Cottage in Alciston either, that closed down in July an' all.

I'd recommend the Cricketers in Berwick or the Ram in Firle for ones that are nearby and still open!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Used to go there after cricket at glynde.

Loved the place.

Great shame! But when glynde CC had a successful bar, there was no point in going to the Trevor Arms after a game, so they must have missed a hell of a lot of trade.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Yep still closed, I went past last Thursday.

Abergavenny Arms Rodmell or Cricketers Berwick ( mentioned by kevo, above )

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep still closed, I went past last Thursday.

Abergavenny Arms Rodmell or Cricketers Berwick ( mentioned by kevo, above )

Tried the Abergavenny last Saturday. A big disappointment, they haven't spent a penny on the place in 30 years. An extended quite scummy family from Brighton were allowing all their kids to ruin everyone's day. The management tried to intervene, with little effect.

The Ram at Firle is by contrast very good. Pricey, but worth it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tried the Abergavenny last Saturday. A big disappointment, they haven't spent a penny on the place in 30 years. An extended quite scummy family from Brighton were allowing all their kids to ruin everyone's day. The management tried to intervene, with little effect.

The Ram at Firle is by contrast very good. Pricey, but worth it.

A big shame that the behaviour of a family ruined your visit.

I have been in there many times for lunch, evening meal, quiz night and just a pint when out walking, never witnessed anyone misbehaving TBH.

Something must have been spent on the pub in the last 30 years as it was closed down for ages, money must have been spent to get the place up and running again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here