Votes: 21 7.2%
  • Dive

Votes: 272 92.8%

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Watch his whole body movement, downward squat and maximum upward force to create dying swan approach

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Watch his whole body movement, downward squat and maximum upward force to create dying swan approach

I would have given him 10/10 for that effort, however, he did attempt it a couple of times earlier in the game to get his eye in... therefore a solid 8/10 for me. Good form and positioning with a graceful splashdown.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
lovely bit of cheating . Shame even that didn't lift the atmosphere. Could of heard a pin drop.

Decent point for plucky Palace

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Definite Penalty , it's the kind of foul murray wins all over the pitch , i would imagine nsc would be in meltdown if not given for us .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, there was contact but only because Mr Tumble launched himself in the air, over Xhaka's knee. Of course there'll be fvcking contact.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Definite Penalty , it's the kind of foul murray wins all over the pitch , i would imagine nsc would be in meltdown if not given for us .
Have you not noticed his launching himself in the air like he has Flubber in his boots? The man is a very good player but also a fvcking cheat on another level to anybody else. He needs a damn good clattering to teach him what a foul really is

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't like the man, or the club. But that's pretty clearly a penalty. Obviously the swan dive is inappropriate and not required, but there's contact and he's always going to fall over when there is. It's a stupid and lazy challenge by Xhaka, the man is a total liability but can't half take a free kick.

I think we can all see why it was given....but no one can dispute the frequency of his dives..unless of course you support Palarse

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Personally I would have been embarrassed if that was given for us and certainly not being in meltdown if it wasn't....maybe you would?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I sort of agree in that Murray is the master of drawing soft fouls, particularly with his back to goal.

In this instance, it is clear that Zaha has made a massive meal out of that one given the theatrics after the defenders legs so much as join the same postcode as his own. Fair enough I suppose if that is what your game is about, but don't expect any sympathy when a) you miss out on blatant penalty decisions because the ref has subconsciously decided you've been diving all game and b) you whinge that defenders go straight through you when you're miles away from the penalty area. Of course this is going to happen to you more than anyone else because they know that you're going to fall over like a 7 year old when you're in the box, so they'd rather take that possibility out of the equation.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

Utter crap. Murray wins half his fouls by 'knowing' how to work the ref. Knocky drives me mad with his diving which thankfully he doesn't do so much now.

At least I can admit that. The Palace no life trolls can't bear to admit that Zaha is a serial cheating scumbag.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
So, your lot get a point at home and you're all back spouting the usual bollocks. Where were you recently?

The twatts were all praying for at least a point so they could rekindle their love of NSC. Wish I could meet them so I could laugh in their sad faces.

Especially that sad cow Dougie who is inching towards 5k posts. How pathetic.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would have given him 10/10 for that effort, however, he did attempt it a couple of times earlier in the game to get his eye in... therefore a solid 8/10 for me. Good form and positioning with a graceful splashdown.

I was leaning towards a 10 but felt the dive lacked the anguish both in terms of noise and the roll ... and roll .... and roll, I settled on an 8 for execution but he fared better with 9 for artistic impression, so an overall 8.5/10

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wow, so close 95% against 5%, I demand a recount!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Diving cheating scum tw@t... but the referees 'don't give him any protection' in the completely unreal Mr Tumble Loony-verse...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Zaha is a very good player, and shouldn't have to dive. If he stayed on his feet he would more than likely still get in a shooting position.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Zaha is clearly a supremely talented player and I can't immediately think of any other players who have the speed of foot that he possesses. When he's on his game, he must be an absolute nightmare for a defender to deal with.

He clearly had Xhaka on toast yesterday, but the manner of him going down, with the two-footed spring over Xhaka's leg was almost comical in its execution. There may well have been a foul in there anyway, but there certainly wasn't one that meant Zaha was going to look like someone departing a diving high board.

MotD2 was interesting. The ex-pro pundits really can't have it both ways with their "the leg was there, he was entitled to go down" line for one incident and then "disgraceful dive, he should be banned" line for the next.

It's clear there are players very good at "drawing the foul", "initiating the contact" or whatever else they like to call it. Often they'll get it right, and everyone will say it was a stonewall penalty. Occasionally they won't, or the defender manages to retract their leg just in time, and the ex-pros waste no time in calling the player out for cheating. As long as they persist with this "entitled to go down" line of reasoning they are giving players the opportunity to try and win penalties in this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here