Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves verdict.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t think we’re a hoof ball team, but I do think we still don’t have the technique to keep the ball. We’re like England at a major tournament (bar the last one). We can use our strengths to get results but we’re never going to score a goal on the back of a 30-pass move. The problem we’ll have is that sooner or later teams will score the first goal against us and then we’re in trouble when we have to chase the game. But we’ve got 14 points on the board so, for now, who the hell cares? And our defence is superb and doesn’t get enough credit from opposition fans.

Wolves were fantastic in the first half, the best team we’ve played apart from Man City. But they’ve got nothing upfront. Their forward line is Championship level and that’s why, despite playing well in almost every game this season, they’ve only scored 9 goals. If they had Glenn Murray they’d have been 2-0 up at half time. The fact they’ve got absolute dross in the most important position on the pitch makes results like today inevitable, not bad luck.

It wasn't long ago that we came back from 2 down twice in a row!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
**** me people moaning about 3 points. If we were top of the league we would say thats a performance of champions. Not ontop form and win. Take it all day long.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not knocking our achievement in doing that, but Fulham and Southampton are two poor teams who can’t keep the ball and let us build up pressure by dominating the game.

Against a footballing side like Wolves I think we’d really struggle to come from behind. They’d let us huff and puff and then do us on the break. So we do need to get better on the ball. As good as our defence is, we can’t rely on it to keep out every team we play.

We simply don't have top flight quality CM's/no.10's WHO CAN hold the ball, impossible to get ball off, run complete games.

No doubt the transfer quartet are seeking that over time, as part of our progress.

Until that day, CH is doing an incredible job beating on paper better teams.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was worried (= ever so slightly concerned) that one of their hoofs into our box might get an unlucky (for us) bounce.

PS: I remember Ryan Bennett from Norwich. I thought he was quite good.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Reading opposing fans’ message boards after we’ve done them 1-0 , is my new favourite thing.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
I’m not knocking our achievement in doing that, but Fulham and Southampton are two poor teams who can’t keep the ball and let us build up pressure by dominating the game.

Against a footballing side like Wolves I think we’d really struggle to come from behind. They’d let us huff and puff and then do us on the break. So we do need to get better on the ball. As good as our defence is, we can’t rely on it to keep out every team we play.
Umm we miss proper and gross, and still say we need another decent centrel midfielder thats where we are getting over run.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I think we are morphing into Burnley and the way they set up and grind out results.
For all us old farts it's like watching the Mike Bailey side from our last stint in the top league and he got sacked for not being entertaining enough !!!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we are morphing into Burnley and the way they set up and grind out results.
For all us old farts it's like watching the Mike Bailey side from our last stint in the top league and he got sacked for not being entertaining enough !!!

Yeah well hopefully the board have more sense than back then. The quality of the Premier League is so much higher than back then too. There is way I can see TB even contemplating sacking CH because we are moaning about the style. Our crowds will not drop to 10k either. Yesterday was the biggest ever gate at the Amex I beleive?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Yeah well hopefully the board have more sense than back then. The quality of the Premier League is so much higher than back then too. There is way I can see TB even contemplating sacking CH because we are moaning about the style. Our crowds will not drop to 10k either. Yesterday was the biggest ever gate at the Amex I beleive?
I'm not saying sack CH, in fact I would give him a longer contract
Just stating a bit of history and how times have changed in football now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not saying sack CH, in fact I would give him a longer contract
Just stating a bit of history and how times have changed in football now

True, I should have made it clear it was just an observation rather than a knock at your post

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
For what it’s worth I think that people are being over critical.

We have played some very nice football at times this season, Utd at home and tbh even spells at Liverpool we passed the ball well and created chances.

I think CH actually hit the nail on the head with the fact that we aren’t playing anywhere near as well as we are able but we are grinding out results.

Our system relies on every part of it working correctly, without Groß we aren’t holding onto the ball and working it across the pitch. We’ve struggled without him, and March isn’t particularly suited to that role. Because of this we’ve given the ball away too much and have been disjointed when we are in possession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here