Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If NSC was around in 1973

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't forget the new Bank Holiday on January 1st. I wonder if Albion are playing.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What's a media?

It's a silly Greek word that the Canadians brought over in the 60s. I think it means newspapers and things like that. Like the Evening Argus.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can't find the question mark on my typewriter or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place can anybody help.
My wife has told me to turn the records upside down but now I only seem to be able to listen to Terry Wogan singing the floral dance. This is a problem as every time our dog hears an Irish accent the outside toilet flushes. Has anyone seen my glasses.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My wife has told me to turn the records upside down but now I only seem to be able to listen to Terry Wogan singing the floral dance. This is a problem as every time our dog hears an Irish accent the outside toilet flushes. Has anyone seen my glasses.

My Mum and Dad only have about ten records. That's why I know all the Val Doonican songs word for word.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Speaking of Terry Wogan god rest his soul I have heard that the Eurovision Song Contest is to be held in Brighton in a few months time personally I am not really a fan of this sort of loud modern music especially not the Swedish entry with their silly clothes and strange lyrics. I do not think they have any chance of winning but what do i know I am not fashionable any more and it is probably very popular with the youngsters these days.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Speaking of Terry Wogan god rest his soul I have heard that the Eurovision Song Contest is to be held in Brighton in a few months time personally I am not really a fan of this sort of loud modern music especially not the Swedish entry with their silly clothes and strange lyrics. I do not think they have any chance of winning but what do i know I am not fashionable any more and it is probably very popular with the youngsters these days.

This is what I expect on here and doesn't help with my hi fi problems. I will probably have to take my record player back to Rumbelows to see if they can assist me but the cost may well mean that we have to miss out on a short break to Mablethorpe this summer.

Has anyone considered Steve Kindon as I believe he is available and would be good as a loan signing.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Don't worry that beautiful young lady from Cambridge, Olivia Newton John, will win with a good Christian song like she has.

None of this High School musical rubbish like the others. She would never be a part of that kind of thing.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Has anybody got a 12" LP version of GOSBTS?

I think I have a spare copy of "Big English County Themes Vol.1" conducted by Geoff Love and his Orchestra on MFP records (got it for 79p in Woolworths).

I've heard there might also be a version on James Last's "Non Stop Dancing Volume 23", but I'm not paying £1.49 for that.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The radio in our car is busted so we missed the racing results on Radio 2.

Does anyone know how Red Rum did in the Grand National?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

I bet it's not at the Dome. That is far too big. They'll never fill that.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
That Norman Gall is too slow,he should give up and concentrate on his media career.

PG

I'm afraid it did show that about Norman Gall and also that other great servant to the club Brian Powney was also past his best by then. Replacing those two with Peter, er, Grummitt and Andy Rollings and bringing Binney, Melllor and later Ward into the team provided a spine that hadn't been there as was so sorely found out in those two thrashings. I saw both: the lowest point towards which Pat Saward's team had been heading. They probably wouldn't have lost as badly under Saward but they wouldn't have risen from the ashes under him either as he'd 'lost it' by then.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
What was wrong with pounds, shillings and pence? Two years on and I still can't get used to this newfangled decimal money...........:lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe if the club didn't charge as much as 30p for tickets against Walton & Hersham THE GOLDSTONE MIGHT SELL OUT? :rolleyes:

Heard a few of the Rovers boys tried taking a liberty or two outside the Top Rank Suite after that 8-2, but got put back in their place: THEY WONT TRY THAT AGAIN :whistle:

Regards

EK

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
What was wrong with pounds, shillings and pence? Two years on and I still can't get used to this newfangled decimal money...........:lolol:

Oh, do pay attention 007.

[yt]T4wr93OpmbU[/yt]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, do pay attention 007.

[yt]T4wr93OpmbU[/yt]

Went to see that new Live & Let Die at the pictures the other day actually. Didn't think much of that Roger Moore bloke. Bring back Connery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here