Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnet tickets

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
There are a lot of people suddenly desperate for loyalty points....

I've decided not to chase loyalty points and expect to be paying over double the standard £30 away ticket price for a seat at selected away games, though it means not being in the Albion end. Burton at home will be sacrificed to make a contribution for the away pot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've decided not to chase loyalty points and expect to be paying over double the standard £30 away ticket price for a seat at selected away games, though it means not being in the Albion end. Burton at home will be sacrificed to make a contribution for the away pot.

When are we playing Burton?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it not be sensible to suggest that all the new players will be playing as this will boost the crowd and make it worthwhile opening most of the ground even at a reduced price for admission. With an adult + a free or £1 child ticket. I am sure that we would then get a crowd of 15,000 ish

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would it not be sensible to suggest that all the new players will be playing as this will boost the crowd and make it worthwhile opening most of the ground even at a reduced price for admission. With an adult + a free or £1 child ticket. I am sure that we would then get a crowd of 15,000 ish

Nope... we have a big enough squad now to win this game without the 1st 11 playing as it were, I know i would be livid if Dunk played in this game for example and got injured in it..

We need to keep the squad fit and included, these are the games to do that.

I expect 11 changes and rightly so.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If there's a coach service I'll go, otherwise I can't. Would be keen to see the new U23s in action.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Think it would be wise to play our strongest team to get a win into the team !coz I expect to go into the game with no points or goals scored !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nope... we have a big enough squad now to win this game without the 1st 11 playing as it were, I know i would be livid if Dunk played in this game for example and got injured in it..

Totally agree.

Also why would CH accept the team selection being dictated by the board for attendance purposes. I would expect 11 changes with a sprinkling of 1st team attacking players on the bench in case needed to ensure the win.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I opted for the £5 ticket, 40 points and free travel option.

I got this including not having to queue,my pie is cooked in front to of me and a Norwegian super model serving my favourite beer on a private bar

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I should imagine the team would look something like this:

Maenpaa
Rosenior/u23? ---- Goldson ---- BFG ---- Bong
Skalak ---- Sidwell ----- u23? (Alzate?) ---- Murphy/u23 (Bjordal?)
----------Baldock (game time back form injury)
----------------Hemed/Murray/u23

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I am not saying play the entire 1st team I am saying play the new ones who havent appeared and perhaps Propper for part of the game to give him game time. My team would include Izquierdo, Ahannach, Masteju .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

This. Although I would probably have used the phrase 'understandably so' rather than 'rightly so', as l think it's a great shame that the old League Cup has been downgraded to such a degre, but such is modern day football. Understandable, because we need our first team players focussed 100% on the Premier League. Maintaining our status come the end of the season is the be all and end end all.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I am not saying play the entire 1st team I am saying play the new ones who havent appeared and perhaps Propper for part of the game to give him game time. My team would include Izquierdo, Ahannach, Masteju .

I agree with your approach BG, I think giving some of our newer players a low pressure experience of British style football will benefit in the longer term. Not sure I would be too keen on our record signing playing though, Slalak and Murphy should be capable. With someone like Sidwell in the middle to provide the experience and hopefully a chance to give Baldock a run out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here