Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer ques and general

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Feels a bit curlish but one moan. Stayed after match to avoid queue as was going for a beer in town with a mate. The pint was sooo bad, flat (i hate flat lager) as clearly poared during the match and was hot, given the swealtering temperaure in WSU. Left after half of it for a nice cold in town. No biggie

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I tried to go for the Pie and Pint deal only to be told it only included Fosters. Clearly stated on the board above "any alcoholic drink". Said this to the bloke and he was having none of it. Couldn't be arsed to argue over 60p but I wouldn't have had a Heineken if I could've had the better stuff available in the old pie and pint kiosk.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shout out to the till in WSU that said CARD PAYMENTS... to get to the front to see a little paper sign over the till saying cash only

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Q too big before game so the club prob lost out on £50 of our money . Heat on concourse unbearable . What can you do ?

No mobile beer sellers this time which was disappointing . Hope just a one off.

Pretty Piss poor really . It wouldn't take a great manager to sort it out so ques are a minimum . Guess they think it works ok

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It's UNBELIEVABLE in this day and age we have to queue for something we want!!
I go to FOOTBALL for pies and beers and some kind of EXPERIENCE with superstars NOT for queuing or football!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
North stand catering, no problem. Had to queue for a Brighton train at 20.58 but not for long. The longest queue I had. was in the club shop at 16.00 for the Premier badges to be put on my new shirt, that I'd bought last Sunday. That took over 25 mins.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ridiculously hot on WSU concourse, no air whatsoever.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
it wasn't good. pie and pint queue in WSU had one girl serving and taking money, ridiculous. we gave up that queue after 10 mins. none of the mini bars to be seen. even queues after were bad.

strange that something as reasonably straightforward as queue management can't be sorted
I was in that queue and felt for that young girl working in there. It was stiflingly hot and she just could not cope. She had no idea where her oppo had been summoned too and was regularly getting visits from some guy in a suit with a radio who was slowing her down even more. Everyone who got served within that 20 minutes thanked her for her efforts and said she was doing a sterling job under the most difficult of conditions. Sweat was pouring off the poor lass.
The 'having beers pre-poured' rant came out by just about everyone.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
WSL half time queues were ridiculous just decided impossible,then spotted mate nearly at front of queue so result, pint and free !!!!

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
In the ESU outlet towards the south end there was a guy telling everyone that ordered Harvey's that they only had the stout and was that ok? He was quite obviously wrong as you could see just from looking at it that it was the regular bitter but he wouldn't have it. Quite obviously he must be a lager drinker himself and has never seen stout before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The Harvey's stout was actually quite nice. I'm not the biggest fan of Harvey's but I found it quite decent. Since the Amex has opened the speed of service has always been slow until the students are back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Harvey's stout was actually quite nice. I'm not the biggest fan of Harvey's but I found it quite decent. Since the Amex has opened the speed of service has always been slow until the students are back.

I'm not the biggest fan of Harvey's and haven't touched their stuff for years. But, I found myself sitting at the bar of The Mitre on Friday night, with a pint of best, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's UNBELIEVABLE in this day and age we have to queue for something we want!!
I go to FOOTBALL for pies and beers and some kind of EXPERIENCE with superstars NOT for queuing or football!!!

Personally,I only go to take photos of those lovely coaches, but, the bloody players keep getting in the way.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm not the biggest fan of Harvey's and haven't touched their stuff for years. But, I found myself sitting at the bar of The Mitre on Friday night, with a pint of best, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I should've caveated my post. The mitre is the only place where I do enjoy Harvey's usually a pint of the Old. They seem to actually keep their beer really well in there. The mitre is a dying breed of pub in Brighton but still an essential element of the beer scene we have.
Much like some of the kneipe in Berlin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I should've caveated my post. The mitre is the only place where I do enjoy Harvey's usually a pint of the Old. They seem to actually keep their beer really well in there. The mitre is a dying breed of pub in Brighton but still an essential element of the beer scene we have.
Much like some of the kneipe in Berlin.

I agree about The Mitre and the Kneipes. I popped in after Bardsleys and was made very welcome. Me and my friend has quite a laugh in there with the land lady and the punters and the Harvey's did seem very well kept and fresh.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I walked into the NS at about 16.15 walked up to a till (no que!) purchased three pints without any problems, sorry can't moan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here