Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Parking advice for Sussex Eye Hospital

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There is no free parking near by and all the side roads are usually full or nearly full. The main hospital car park also tends to get full during the day.

The only option is really the Marina Car Park (but not the Asda part) this is free, but there maybe a time limit now (not sure)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Won't find anything free, I usually park on Marine Parade near Paston Place then walk up.

Likewise when I've taken my dad there....thankfully he now goes to the new Shoreham one...5 minutes walk away!

Edit..ive never not been able to find a space as per the above

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Have yo take youngest Potting there on Friday. Any advice regarding cheap/free and relatively stress free parking near there please?
Assuming it’s the one at RSCH. Parking in the surrounding streets or on seafront. There’s a mix of max 2,4 or 11 hours so check the signs. 11 hours tend to be on the beach side of marine parade. Manor Road sometimes a good 11hr max option. Free Parking in deepest ‘hawk.

Pay by phone app useful

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is no free parking near by and all the side roads are usually full or nearly full. The main hospital car park also tends to get full during the day.

The only option is really the Marina Car Park (but not the Asda part) this is free, but there maybe a time limit now (not sure)

I street park regularly a few streets east of the Eye Hospital, no problem at all.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Depends how long you're going to be but Lidl might be option ( best check their time limits ). Supermarkets normally give a couple of hours free parking and it's only a few minutes walk back along Eastern Road to the Eye Hospital.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Depends how long you're going to be but Lidl might be option ( best check their time limits ). Supermarkets normally give a couple of hours free parking and it's only a few minutes walk back along Eastern Road to the Eye Hospital.

Lidl is 90 minutes,parking in the hospital vicinity is £1 an hour.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have yo take youngest Potting there on Friday. Any advice regarding cheap/free and relatively stress free parking near there please?

I always seem to get a space on Upper Abbey Road / Walpole Road / Whitehawk Hill Road when visiting the Children's Hospital. Street meter parking.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
I quite often get a street pay place in the lower part of Paston Place these days, so along St George's Road and right coming from Brighton centre, or along and left coming from the Marina direction. It's just up the road to the main hospital or along a bit for the Eye Hospital. I always use the app for parking as you can extend your stay from your phone if need be.

D

Deleted member 22389

Depending on how old your youngest is, and if you are prepared for a little walk, I have always found spaces along the seafront, Marina end. It's pay obviously, but for me it saves the stress of going around and around looking for spaces. The other option is the main hospital car park at the top.

D

Deleted member 22389

Assuming it’s the one at RSCH. Parking in the surrounding streets or on seafront. There’s a mix of max 2,4 or 11 hours so check the signs. 11 hours tend to be on the beach side of marine parade. Manor Road sometimes a good 11hr max option. Free Parking in deepest ‘hawk.

Pay by phone app useful

Pay by phone app saved me a load of hassle last time. So easy isn't it. Enter the parking code, number of hours and your done. Unfortunately it no longer works on my blackberry.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Bear in mind most outpatient appointments at the Eye Hospital last for between an hour and two hours. I was there two weeks ago, and didn't get out again for 1 hour 50 minutes.

The marina multi-storey is the best bet for free parking, and then walk back up the hill. Luckily I have a bus pass, so never take the car now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Marina then a 7 bus is by far the most stress free way. Or Arundel Road is pay but you can always get a space there.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Park on doubles yellows and say you didn’t see them , that’s why your going to the eye hospital

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is there disabled parking available here? Person is wheelchair bound

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Is there disabled parking available here? Person is wheelchair bound

Very little & soon used up. Before my Mum went into a care home, I used to drive round looking for a spot, & more often than not, had to stop with the engine running, let her out, and then find a spot leaving her in the doorway. It depends on the time of the appt.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here