Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is the best place to look for tickets?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think we’ve found a work around for the ticket exchange issue. Just start a thread debating what ticket holders MIGHT do IF they had a ticket to exchange and bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha.....start a thread every week
The Official do you know any (insert team) fans

post: " i dont know any wish i knew more" = i need a ticket
post " i know loads, far too many" = i have spare tickets

just dont answer a PM from a user that joined after barber joined the club

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I don't make the rules! I spent years looking after the tickets sections, I can honestly say I am more gutted than ANYONE!! oh.......and I have NOT locked this thread as you have accused me of doing.

Did you not say in post #3 that you were locking it ?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Given Barber’s background at Spurs, I’m really surprised the club’s ticketing policy is not more efficient and accommodating.

The club don't really care once they've sold the ticket they have the money and thats pretty much the end of it. In their eyes the cost of reselling spares obviously outstrips any profit that could be made which is why they've put little to no effort into it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If you want tickets for The Shelf for a junior football club or school outing then don't bother contacting the club.

"I am afraid that due to the high demand of tickets for the games this season, and coupled with the highly increased numbers of priority members, registering to gain priority on match tickets, we will not be offering group tickets"

We've come a long, long way together.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If you ever NEED a ticket, just drop a casual line, like "wish I could get hold of a WSU ticket", into a thread on the match (discussing formations or whatever).

Conversely, "Gutted I can't make it on Saturday, and my ESL ticket is going to waste".

You will get PMs ;-)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm really hoping that the team can deliver an "on the front foot" display against Swansea.

We've got plenty of attacking options now and confidence must be reasonably high so no excuses really.

I was also hoping to get an extra ticket in WSU for this game but unfortunately haven't been able to so far. If one came up on the official club exchange, or a close friend or family member passed me their ST to use as a one-off, then I'd be snapping it up.

My preferred formation for Saturday is 4-4-2.

I'm really hoping that the team can deliver an "on the front foot" display against Swansea.

We've got plenty of attacking options now and confidence must be reasonably high so no excuses really.

I was also hoping to get an extra ticket in WSU for this game but unfortunately haven't been able to so far. If one came up on the official club exchange, or a close friend or family member passed me their ST to use as a one-off, then I'd be snapping it up.

My preferred formation for Saturday is 4-4-2.

:ban:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Did you not say in post #3 that you were locking it ?

Nope!.........I really should not have to explain this, but I will.........at the top of the main board was a STICKY THREAD which I quoted in post number 3, if you go to the main board and click on that STICKY THREAD (which is now not there!!!) you will see that is all I have done, for the reason to underline the fact about ticket threads / posts.

I DID NOT SAY I WAS GOING TO LOCK THIS THREAD........I LOCKED THE STICKY THREAD.

Have a great evening :thumbsup:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The club don't really care once they've sold the ticket they have the money and thats pretty much the end of it. In their eyes the cost of reselling spares obviously outstrips any profit that could be made which is why they've put little to no effort into it.

Which is why it amazes me how much effort they put into tracking down and punishing supporters who find other means of passing on tickets that would otherwise go to waste.

They’re too expensive to just chuck in the bin nowadays.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Which is why it amazes me how much effort they put into tracking down and punishing supporters who find other means of passing on tickets that would otherwise go to waste.

They’re too expensive to just chuck in the bin nowadays.

To be fair I think they turn a blind eye most of the time. Its just when people take the piss with points harvesting (eg. Bournemouth in the Carabaou cup) they put the checks in. For all the talk after the Bournemouth game of ticket IDs at away games I don't think its happened (or at least not at any of the away games I've been to this season). The Palace game might be different though.

For home games you see it all the time with people wandering around at the Amex with a season ticket in their hand looking for a seat which has obviously been passed on by a friend.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
To be fair I think they turn a blind eye most of the time

Yep - that's my take too. They want to be seen (by the FA, press, etc...) to be doing the legal thing - hence clamping down on public transfers of STs on social media; and want to be seen by fans to be clamping down on LP harvesting at away games - hence "you need to attend to get the points" type messaging at Boro and now Man U. But, a STH passing their ST to a mate in the pub? Nah, they don't care.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair I think they turn a blind eye most of the time. Its just when people take the piss with points harvesting (eg. Bournemouth in the Carabaou cup) they put the checks in. For all the talk after the Bournemouth game of ticket IDs at away games I don't think its happened (or at least not at any of the away games I've been to this season). The Palace game might be different though.

For home games you see it all the time with people wandering around at the Amex with a season ticket in their hand looking for a seat which has obviously been passed on by a friend.

Unfortunately, you’re wrong.

I know that they trawl Facebook groups and on here and cancel tickets that have been passed on by fans who can’t go, banning them from buying any future tickets. No slap on the wrist or telling off for first time offenders, just straight in with the double whammy of a financial loss and a total ban.

They’re heavy handed about it and are turning long term fans away from the club.

Points harvesting is a totally different issue. Season ticket holders don’t get points for home games on a match by match basis.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep - that's my take too. They want to be seen (by the FA, press, etc...) to be doing the legal thing - hence clamping down on public transfers of STs on social media; and want to be seen by fans to be clamping down on LP harvesting at away games - hence "you need to attend to get the points" type messaging at Boro and now Man U. But, a STH passing their ST to a mate in the pub? Nah, they don't care.

If they provided an alternative to the passing on via social media, then it might make sense. Not all of us have a bank of relatives and friends who either don’t have a season ticket already and fancy the odd game when we cant go (for sellers) or can’t make every game and often offer us a spare (for the buyers).

The club make it impossible for those two groups to assist each other.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If they provided an alternative to the passing on via social media, then it might make sense. Not all of us have a bank of relatives and friends who either don’t have a season ticket already and fancy the odd game when we cant go (for sellers) or can’t make every game and often offer us a spare (for the buyers).

The club make it impossible for those two groups to assist each other.

How could they provide such a service without the press/FA finding out? If such a system is visible to fans, it’s visible to anyone. Rock and a hard place...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Unfortunately, you’re wrong.

I know that they trawl Facebook groups and on here and cancel tickets that have been passed on by fans who can’t go, banning them from buying any future tickets. No slap on the wrist or telling off for first time offenders, just straight in with the double whammy of a financial loss and a total ban.

They’re heavy handed about it and are turning long term fans away from the club.

Points harvesting is a totally different issue. Season ticket holders don’t get points for home games on a match by match basis.

Yep - but FB and NSC are publicly viewable. They have to be seen to be doing their bit to prevent the illegal transfer of tickets - especially since the club’s activities will be scrutinised so much more in the PL - especially by the press looking for a story. “BHAFC condones the illegal trf of football tickets” is not a headline they’ll want to see in the red-tops.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here