Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone off to see Rainbow at Birmingham next week?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If so see you there and prepare to ROCK!

At only 35 this will be the first chance I've had to see the MAN rock it up, to say I'm excited would be a huge understatement... Yep; I'm beyond excited.

Rock the Rainbow...

:)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Although the end of the theme borrows the bridge from Ritchie's Stargazer.

Time to sue, keeping in the Spirit of things... Ahem.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Yes, I'm going :) promises to be quite an evening IF England win their group. Get to Brum mid afternoon, chuck car in hotel car park, into town to watch England over a few beers, train to NEC to watch RB, then back to town to finish off with a nice curry. Perfect :)
Now watch England **** it up :D

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yes, I'm going :) promises to be quite an evening IF England win their group. Get to Brum mid afternoon, chuck car in hotel car park, into town to watch England over a few beers, train to NEC to watch RB, then back to town to finish off with a nice curry. Perfect :)
Now watch England **** it up :D

Yep - driving down with my bro and a mate... The beer will flow. I've been reading so many doubts etc. About the lineup etc. Well I've seen Blackmore play with BN and when/if he gets the strat out something magic happens... It's a presence, an ethereal moment... I don't doubt the fact that we're not going to see Ritchie cira 74, but we will be seeing something I never thought would happen again!

He's going to play Stargazer FFS, worth the 50 notes alone! I might even cry....

God is indeed good!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Rainbow rising is my favourite Album very underrated band real long list of classic songs hope you have a great time

I saw them back in the 1970s and before that Deep Purple Blackmore is a great rock guitarist and song wrighter

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yep - driving down with my bro and a mate... The beer will flow. I've been reading so many doubts etc. About the lineup etc. Well I've seen Blackmore play with BN and when/if he gets the strat out something magic happens... It's a presence, an ethereal moment... I don't doubt the fact that we're not going to see Ritchie cira 74, but we will be seeing something I never thought would happen again!

He's going to play Stargazer FFS, worth the 50 notes alone! I might even cry....

God is indeed good!

Saw Deep Purple at Norwich on the Burn tour (giving age away) and in the early days of Rainbow in a very small venue in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
[MENTION=28889]Blue3[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3738]GOM[/MENTION] yep it's going to be magic for me. Obviously I've seen the peak era footage, Munich 77 and the awsome Cal Jam, but this will be a genuinely emotional moment for me - he's my all time musical hero, i love his dark, quiet side and the emotive energy he seems to channel when playing live.

Given his age etc. This is probably one of his last stands... I hope it's as awesome as I'm willing it to be.

GOM - what I would have given to have seen that show! Lucky man.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rainbow rising is my favourite Album very underrated band real long list of classic songs hope you have a great time

I saw them back in the 1970s and before that Deep Purple Blackmore is a great rock guitarist and song wrighter

Was playing 'Rising' to my 10-year old son in the car a few weeks back, it's the very definition of rock.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Can't overstate Dio's contribution to that album as well.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I saw Blackmore with Rainbow at Wembley arena, the infamous gig when he didn't want to do an encore and lots of chairs got trashed. Great guitarist though and it is a shame they are not playing more gigs.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Was playing 'Rising' to my 10-year old son in the car a few weeks back, it's the very definition of rock.

Keep it quiet; but you're Bjork comment was priceless, had me in stitches ;) don't tell the Bjork police though.... Agreed re Rising, although I gave my little girl the choice, well it was the only cd in my car... So I said it's rock and roll or bust... To which she replied: "bust..."

Needles to say Tarot Woman was on it's way in a matter of seconds ;)

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=28889]Blue3[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3738]GOM[/MENTION]

Given his age etc. This is probably one of his last stands... I hope it's as awesome as I'm willing it to be..

Sadly, he has already said that this is a one off, he has no plans to reform Rainbow and his focus is still Blackmores Night. He may be a guitar genius (I have seen him twice with Purple) but Candice definitely wears the loon pants in that household!

For those going, I hope it is a great evening and I am very envious.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Saw them at the Brighton centre in 1980 Down to Earth tour. Only did about 60 minutes including a long drum solo from Cozy Powell to 1812 Overture!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here