Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Anyone on here seen From The Jam ? They are playing at our town Hall in April. Tickets area bit pricey so wondering if worth going .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think it's featured on here, but Rocket from the Crypt are playing Brighton later this year. They were enormous fun last time I saw them, some 20+ years ago.

I was recently reminiscing about this band as well. I saw them a couple times about 20 years ago. In The unlikely even you should ever see their 1998 Glastonbury performance you can see me in the front. Also saw them at The Garage.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was recently reminiscing about this band as well. I saw them a couple times about 20 years ago. In The unlikely even you should ever see their 1998 Glastonbury performance you can see me in the front. Also saw them at The Garage.

If you liked them, some of the personnel featured in later bands: Drive Like Jehu and Hot Snakes, amongst others. HS were outstanding live.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Treated myself to a ticket to see Go Go Penguin live soundtrack Koyaanisqatsi at the Dome next Sunday, something a bit different, great film (and not seen it for years) and the snippets I've heard of them sound great.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Looking fwd to Shellac on Monday at C2. Not seen them live for about 12 years. I think the last time was a show at Scala in London and before that at the punk rock emporium known as TJs in Newport.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Looking fwd to Shellac on Monday at C2. Not seen them live for about 12 years. I think the last time was a show at Scala in London and before that at the punk rock emporium known as TJs in Newport.

We last saw Shellac on NYE up in London, sandwiched in between The Pop Group and Sonic Youth, perhaps their last UK show, and I've seen them a fair few times whenever they play, and was probably at that Scala gig too.
I never saw Drive Like Jehu, but have seen Hot Snakes play a rendition of Luau, which was spectacularly loud.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
We last saw Shellac on NYE up in London, sandwiched in between The Pop Group and Sonic Youth, perhaps their last UK show, and I've seen them a fair few times whenever they play, and was probably at that Scala gig too.
I never saw Drive Like Jehu, but have seen Hot Snakes play a rendition of Luau, which was spectacularly loud.

The SY gig must have been great with Shellac and Pop Group on the bill. You're right it was SY's last Uk show. I saw them about a year before at the Forum. I do miss SY but am enjoying the various solo projects.
I saw Drive Like Jehu when they were touring Yank Crime. Super Unison is such a brilliant track. It's a go to song when the ears need a good shredding!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This afternoon's venue...
0adf558b862634a6fbe0abc118a03e96.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not everybody’s cup of tea but The Streets are doing a few live shows next April.

All over Brixton one mate!

Off topic but anyone got any spare tickets for the Kooks at Brighton Centre by any small chance!?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Me and the wife have been rediscovering the first two records of late. 'Original Pirate Material' is a stone cold classic. It may have even got better with age.

They're awful live. Spent more of their time clay pigeon shooting than singing on the last few tours.

Let's Push Things Forwards in a little club at 2am on the other hand...Mike's DJ sets are a better way to experience it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here