Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens signs 4 year contract

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Excellent news re Stephens.
He kept his focus and his intensity and tried to drive the team on, in the last three games, whilst others decided that their seasons work was already done. He quietly went about his work all season, whilst certain others stole the limelight. He was still going strong at the end, desperately trying to win the title, unlike certain others who decided to coast over the line and let it slip through their fingers.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
always new he would sing for us

Oh right. Was that part of the contract, that he gets to sing instead of that opera woman. Well thank goodness he stayed with us, as they don't have time for that sort of thing in Burnley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
we had a wee little strike (went missing) of sorts blasted the club on twitter and a few games through suspension & (for whatever reason) missed,topsy turvey time -maybe just a little..lets call it (well i will) spitting the dummy out :lolol:
Agreed. I think it's fair that he wanted to leave and even fair that he put in a transfer request, but I didn't agree with him criticising the club for not letting him go (so I tweeted that to him). The transfer request was too late, as was the final offer from Burnley - had the request and offer happened weeks earlier, we'd have had time to replace him. But he very quickly knuckled down and did his best to help us.

I'm pretty sure Bridcutt had a hissy fit, I'm not so sure about Buckley - his head was turned, but had we not sold him he might have continued to try for us.

Will see how that much of that 4 years contract is honored if we come straight back down again....
If we come down but he's had a good season, I can understand if he'll want to go. If a fair offer is made, then ok, and if we say no, hopefully he'll give his best again as he did this season.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Dale Stephens is magic, he doesn't wear a hat.
He used to play for Charlton, be he said NO Fck that
He saves them with his left hand, he saves them with his right....

hmmm. Maybe not!

Ehem.... With a little thought.....

He Could have gone to Burnley, but Tony said Fck that
He Tackles with his left Foot, he Tackles with his right....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Best signing of the summer

It's a good, indeed a great signing, but hopefully not our best of the summer.

We will need goals to stay up, and we need a really, really high quality striker to score them. One with pace too. It's going to cost, but without a goal scorer we are straight back down.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Ehem.... With a little thought.....

He Could have gone to Burnley, but Tony said Fck that
He Tackles with his left Foot, he Tackles with his right....

Err excuse me, see post #123 - great minds, or terrible minds. Who's to say.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Very important signing, look forward to seeing more of his class in The Prem. Well done to the club for showing huge desire to hold on to Dale this season and offer the contract he obviously deserves. This has cheered me up no end after Sunday's disappointment. Sadly I think Stockdale's a gonna, but if I had to pick 1 from 2 out of them I would choose to keep Stephens.

Did not see that coming - well played Bloom and the board because he would not have come cheap

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Fantastic news, and just 48 hours after the final game too.

A great start to the summer, and hopefully a real statement of intent.

Now let's hope Stockers can be persuaded to do likewise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Delighted of course, but what is the significance of holding the shirt...I mean its not as if we know what club we are and what colours we play in...

:shootself:

No transfer is official until photographed with the shirt.

IT'S THE LAW. (even when the transfer still doesn't go through)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Best news so far this offseason and possibly a sign of the quality of player we'll swoop for over the summer. Hopefully many of those are done quickly too.

Fingers crossed for Stockdale and a couple others this month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here