Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By all means take your 10-year old to see the away players get on the coach...

D

Deleted member 2719

... but if you're aged over 16 and not in possession of a kid, please don't stand around their coach straining for a glimpse of the oppo's starlets. It's just wrong. As we left, I spotted a group of about 10 20-something Albion fans doing it. Get a grip, FFS.

Agreed it inexcusable, hit them where it hurts and give them an infraction.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The goal for this season is to stay in the PL. In my opinion, a key part of the plan is to make the AMEX as much of a fortress as possible. Men (not kids) fawning over the departure of the opposition's stars after they've just beaten us, and after they've just had 90 minutes to admire their prowess on the pitch, doesn't, again imo, help make the AMEX a fortress. That's why I'd rather they didn't do it. Can they? Of course.

You obviously disagree. Fair enough.

I fail to see how it might make any difference to whether the AMEX is a fortress or not if this is happening AFTER the match.

If they were standing around before the match and telling them that we are really in awe of them and that we know we are going to get thrashed, then fair enough, but afterwards will surely make no difference.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I say let as many people who want to see the players off the coach do just that.

We can then have a thread about so and so from whatever team, didn't stop to sign my programme/autograph book, or pose for a selfie. This will keep the moaners happy.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm in my forties, and like to collect autographs (mainly actors/musicians), so can understand those waiting by the coach. I didn't bother for this and I doubt I'll bother for any home games, as I expect it'll be busy.

I know it's just a scribble on some paper (I find it hard justifying this hobby even to myself!), but it's also about creating memories of the day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Struggling to see the issue here.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When we played at Brentford in the Hyypia season there were about a half dozen Liverpool supporters waiting for our coach to arrive desperate for him to sign their books

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
giphy.gif

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
..who not so long ago wished one of our own players a career-ending injury. Very sad that the mods saw fit to let this individual back on the boards. 5 minutes and they're at it already.

Ho hum
You serve your time then you come back. (Crass remark btw - but I understand why he made it ) Then you have to agree with a mod who is talking crap do you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can understand why people want to see the away team players come off their bus. Whether it's for kids to get pictures/autographs or just to shout abuse. However, what I did think was incredibly sad was four or five blokes in their 50s or 60s waiting for Michael Oliver and his assistants to get autographs and photos.

Almost as sad as the West Lower numpties who were busy clapping Man City when they put together half a dozen decent passes in the 2nd half

Didn't see any of that in WSL, and never have.

As regards the OP, if people want to hang around and gawp let 'em. Live and let live.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There were possibly a hundred people hanging around, mostly in Albion shirts waiting for the City team coach to arrive. If that's what floats your boat go ahead :shrug:

I personally think this is okay if they then hurl a torrent of abuse and flem. But I fear they asked for autographs, selfies and clapped. Dreadful.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Far worse at Crawley when I witnessed some of our fans in their forties and fifties pushing kids out the way to get to our own team coach. Grown 'men' literally getting in front of children to get a player's autograph who is probably half their age. WTF, really people?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've only ever tried to get at an away bus once and that was palace, after drunkenly giving the v n shouting wan***s a copper gave me a good telling off..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Some folk might find it sad that people drink heavily before the game, the same people might find it laughable that we whinge because we can't get a beer at half time. Point being why whinge about how people choose to experience their day out at the football unless it directly affects you.
Live and let live.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I can understand why people want to see the away team players come off their bus. Whether it's for kids to get pictures/autographs or just to shout abuse. However, what I did think was incredibly sad was four or five blokes in their 50s or 60s waiting for Michael Oliver and his assistants to get autographs and photos.

Almost as sad as the West Lower numpties who were busy clapping Man City when they put together half a dozen decent passes in the 2nd half

Nothing like a bit of over generalisation.

No one near me did that either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I hear Palace are doing a full on match day coach experience.
You even get to see the driver crap all over the walls and floor of the away dressing room and then the club collectively deny it and blame the home team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here