Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In the last year, not just on NSC, it's widely said that the 13 'bottom' clubs are in a mini league, with very little to choose between them in terms of playing each other and final points tally.

Which is literally at odds from the gambling sector, which shows a huge chasm between the clubs I mentioned, and football writers who have us as clear favourites for the drop.

But you, of course, know more than football writers and odds setters... yeah, right...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Forums for these clubs show great optimism and satisfaction with transfer business:

Villa
Hudd
Man C
Man U
Boro
Everton

I don't know why they'll so bloody happy with their business. Apparently transfer activity doesn't really kick off until much closer to 1st September.

The only one of those we need to worry about is Huddersfield, and whatever they say at The Guardian, I'm confident we'll finish above them this season, as we did last.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In the last year, not just on NSC, it's widely said that the 13 'bottom' clubs are in a mini league, with very little to choose between them in terms of playing each other and final points tally.

Which is literally at odds from the gambling sector, which shows a huge chasm between the clubs I mentioned, and football writers who have us as clear favourites for the drop.
We're rightly relegation favs as we have the weakest squad and a few more injuries and it will look really bleak when you have lua lua and skalak on the wings.
We may get that bit of luck early doors but our strength in depth is terrible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People that think this thread is bad now, just imagine what it would be like if the club made the right minded decision and cut Baldock adrift.

To paraphrase Enoch Powell:-

There would be rivers of pi$$.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We're rightly relegation favs as we have the weakest squad and a few more injuries and it will look really bleak when you have lua lua and skalak on the wings.

Rose coloured spectacles off, we are NOT premier league ready squad wise. We have the stadium, training facilities and now the promotion.... time to get the squad up to speed....I'm now waiting to hear Andy Naylor explain and compare us to how difficult it was for PSG to complete a signing..... I'm sure he will find a way, similar to his Man City story!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Rose coloured spectacles off, we are NOT premier league ready squad wise. We have the stadium, training facilities and now the promotion.... time to get the squad up to speed....I'm now waiting to hear Andy Naylor explain and compare us to how difficult it was for PSG to complete a signing..... I'm sure he will find a way, similar to his Man City story!!
Loyalty is more important to the club....Even hyppia didn't get sacked :D
We will not spend much and fringe players will get their chance.Its a very good top 6 championship squad but a bottom premiership squad.
Our possession will be at 30% for most games so need some serious pace up front.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
If loaning Abraham was our primary striking target, and from the evidence so far, it looks like it, that looks like a horrendous error of judgement by the recruitment team. We knew we were losing our 4th striker, Akpom, although I realise he was a waste of space, so to come to within a week of our first competitive fixture without a top level striker recruit is very worrying. Of course the club could spring a surprise on us, I hope so, and obviously Neto failing his medical wasn't in the plan, but I have to say, I am more #teambedwetting than #teamcomplacent

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I get the feeling we will spend, eventually, BUT, it feels terribly naive to go into the season with so few additions to the team..maybe Sunday will be a wake up call??

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm not too concerned at the minute, but I just want signings because it's really exciting to sign someone, especially in this window.

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
Although for three years, we'd have parachute payments. West Brom did a yo yo promotion/relegation two or three times, but then got established without breaking the bank.

It's like, every year the Championship was harder and harder. It's like a mantra.

You only get 2 years parachute payments if you go straight back down. They are trying to stop teams holding onto the money as it's apparently there to be spent. The powers that be are only interested in their saleable asset and not teams going bust trying to stay there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Hang on. Even with Knockaert injured you've got March, Murphy and Brown before you get near those 2. They're our 5th and 6th choice wingers & Lua Lua will go out on loan when we complete our business. Which we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would suggest Suttner & Rosenior would be ahead of Lua Lua too, maybe even Skalak

With akpom gone and SB injured it is absolutely scandalous we are heading into the season with 2 strikers ( both of a similar type ) . Outregous in fact .

Literally no striking options in the bench unless a like for like .

And no , we've seen march , Murphy and skalak trued up top and it is completely toothless .

With our match winner ak injured how the hell are we thinking we can start the prem with 2 strikers . Got to the point where will have to put a kid on the bench as plan b striker .

Scandalous

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With akpom gone and SB injured it is absolutely scandalous we are heading into the season with 2 strikers ( both of a similar type ) . Outregous in fact .

And no , we've seen march , Murphy and skalak trued up top and it is completely toothless .

With our match winner ak injured how the hell are we thinking we can start the prem with 2 strikers . Got to the point where will have to put a kid on the bench as plan b striker .

Scandalous

All reasons that have to mean it's not going to happen...

....is it?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Another upbeat piece in the Argus today about how we are down to one striker on Sunday as Murray can't play and hemed can cement his place against city. One week to go and one available striker. Whatever way it is dressed up that's a poor position to be in. After Abraham nothing, so much for the cluster type policy.
Don't see anything changing in a week, let's be honest the club have been hinting via Naylor for a while that we will go as we are currently.
I wish I had confidence that all will be well leaving it late like we appear to have decided to do.

Stumpy Tim

Scandalous

The conversation was about wingers though, so not sure why you replied talking about strikers. We all agree we need a striker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here