Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MANTIS SHRIMP VS WOLVERINE. World's Hardest Creature X: Group C play off.

Who is hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Wolverine would rip our faces off if we cornered one,the shrimp,were we to find ourselves in the sea would give us a mere sting,perhaps a bruise then we would take it home and cook it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Are people really still voting based on size :facepalm:

The shrimp is a relative small creator as is the wolverine in relation to their respective environments?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Wolverine would rip our faces off if we cornered one,the shrimp,were we to find ourselves in the sea would give us a mere sting,perhaps a bruise then we would take it home and cook it.
Surely it's all relative though.
Imagine if the shrimp was the same size as the wolverine, with its powers multiplied in keeping with its size.
Such a beast that sees in infra red, ultra violet and can kill other animals with a force field that doesn't even have to touch its prey
which is so powerful it creates light! ....magical and terrifying in equal measure.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Imagine if the shrimp was the same size as the wolverine, with its powers multiplied in keeping with its size.
Such a beast that sees in infra red, ultra violet and can kill other animals with a force field that doesn't even have to touch its prey
which is so powerful it creates light! ....magical and terrifying in equal measure.
But it's not. We could imagine any creature being different to what it is to make it harder. Imagine a gerbil, skilled in martial arts and armed with a nuclear warhead.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sounds like my missus when she is in a mood,seriously though you are right,it is a terrifying beast,that said i am sticking with wolverine-shrimp? bah!!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
But it's not. We could imagine any creature being different to what it is to make it harder. Imagine a gerbil, skilled in martial arts and armed with a nuclear warhead.
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]
Can we have a rule check please.
Is this based on how hard the creature is compared to a human or in its relative surroundings?

The mantis shrimp and all its powers actually exist.
I've yet to see David Attenborough do a programme on Ninja nuclear gerbils.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wavered from one to the other, read all the relevant literature, went away, came back, finally voted wolverine

and made it 65-65

Sorry :down:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Is this based on how hard the creature is compared to a human or in its relative surroundings?

You introduced imagining something was different to what it is.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
You introduced imagining something was different to what it is.
So do you know the answer to the question?
Is this poll based on how hard the creature is compared to its relative size and surroundings or how much damage it could do to a human?
I was replying to the post that said what they (a human) would do If they were cornered my either creature.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So do you know the answer to the question?
Is this poll based on how hard the creature is compared to its relative size and surroundings or how much damage it could do to a human?
I was replying to the post that said what they (a human) would do If they were cornered my either creature.

Another way to look at things is the natural predators of each,in the case of a shrimp it may be an octopus or a tiger or bear in the case of the wolverine...

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Another way to look at things is the natural predators of each,in the case of a shrimp it may be an octopus or a tiger or bear in the case of the wolverine...

Agreed,
I can't imagine why the ninja nuclear gerbil never made the shortlist, maybe next year eh....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agreed,
I can't imagine why the ninja nuclear gerbil never made the shortlist, maybe next year eh....

:lol: look forward to that

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

It's pound for pound hardness, like boxing. What it can do compared to a human is irrelevant, what the two would do against each other (unless similarly sized or they actually co-exist in the same habitat) is also not important. Pound for pound is what we're after. People's definition of hardness varies but it should consider things such as aggression, attitude and ability to give and take a beating. Size in and of itself is not important.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Very interesting to note that a certain well known mod has voted for the prawn........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here