Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we cheats?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm just going through this thread ticking off all the phrases that have also appeared in the thread about common sayings people get wrong.

"Baited breath" gets a point.

Dr Benjamin Spock must be a bit puzzled to find himself featured though. Or (ore? Awe?), he would be if he wasn't dead.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm just going through this thread ticking off all the phrases that have also appeared in the thread about common sayings people get wrong.

Dr Benjamin Spock must be a bit puzzled to find himself featured though. Or (ore? Awe?), he would be if he wasn't dead.

I will be remembered forever for saying ore instead of awe, I had fast typing syndrome and brain not in gear. Worst ever mistake online. But if we can use Oresome as the new tagline I'd be happy to hang my head in shame.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This thread goes to show a couple things.

Firstly, FFP is dead in the water and secondly that NSC still has it's very own clique.

It reminds me of a few years ago that , for example, if Edna had farted in a lift, she'd have got one trillion adoring thumbs up ,but, if BG had done the same thing, all and sundry would have hung him.

The original concept of FFP is dead yes, the current form we are adhering to.

A clique of disagreement is likely to form when the same facts are repeatedly referenced in order to answer/refute a question/claim, only for the same question to be asked several more times in different ways without acceptance and/or understanding. I think the thread actually ended when [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] said something along the lines of "see you in 2 years to see who's right" which is consistent with the theme of not accepting the facts, in my opinion.

Before that, it went along the lines of:

Should we call them cheats? - Yes, they broke the rules.
Are we any better? - Yes, we didn't break the rules.
But will we? - No, we are within limits.
But surely we will? - No.
But we have 20M in losses, we must do? - No.
But we will. - No we won't.
But it was never about the rules, it was about morals. - Ok.

The higher ups of this wonderful club are very, very clear about their stance on the rules, we abide by them, which allows us as fans to get on our high horses and call out those who are non-compliant. I see nothing wrong with that.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Your baited breath has been discussed, of sorts...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] said something along the lines of "see you in 2 years to see who's right" which is consistent with the theme of not accepting the facts, in my opinion.

One thing mate, the future is the future and we could be Prem and this whole thread can be dismissed (some will say dismiss it now) ... if we haven't in two years then I think it is a valid question. There are no facts for 2018. Hence I have given none.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never min FFP or the fact that any "sanctions" for non compliance do not come into effect until 2018/19 or whenever.

I had to pop out for a few hours and have come back after some early contributions to this thread.It is clear to me it's been a non football day and bad weather as well and if this thread has already clocked up 29 pages it will be 2019 before it finishes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyway guys I had a full diary of doing nothing and this suited, but I never thought this thread would be as big as it is. El Pres you made me a monster.

But I still think we will break FFP to get promoted and I don't have a problem with that.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
One thing mate, the future is the future and we could be Prem and this whole thread can be dismissed (some will say dismiss it now) ... if we haven't in two years then I think it is a valid question. There are no facts for 2018. Hence I have given none.

Sure, but you're forgeting that should we not go up for 2 years, unfortunately for us, we will most likely have a firesale which will offset any losses over and above permitted. In fact, that's probably a massive exaggeration since Dunk alone would probably balance the books for that period depending on our outlay.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Allegation? Serious? I dunno but yeah the club have already said they have lost 20 mill for the year ending, you really need to keep up.

And once again, THAT £20M LOSS ISN'T A LOSS OF £20M UNDER FPP RULES

That £20m loss will include losses that are allowed under and therefore don't count toward FFP, such as investment in the infrastructure and in the youth team set up and so on....

Please stop calling the total loss of £20m the same as the loss we will have that falls under FFP as that figure will be a lot lower and could still comply with the rules around acceptable losses.

You are alleging that the club lost £20m on the playing side (FFP) only (therefore the total loss must be a higher figure) which isn't true.

This has been pointed out so many times now it's getting silly, instead of ignoring them and thinking they are against you, they aren't, but simply giving a correct answer to your questions and responses / replies.

The longer this goes on, the more it looks like you are just fishing (which i believe it is)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sure, but you're forgeting that should we not go up for 2 years, unfortunately for us, we will most likely have a firesale which will offset any losses over and above permitted. In fact, that's probably a massive exaggeration since Dunk alone would probably balance the books for that period depending on our outlay.

I do understand that nobody wants to trawl through 28 pages of El Pres getting all superior with me but I did say something like that somewhere in this thread. We lose our best players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And once again, THAT £20M LOSS ISN'T A LOSS OF £20M UNDER FPP RULES

That £20m loss will include losses that are allowed under and therefore don't count toward FFP, such as investment in the infrastructure and in the youth team set up and so on....

Please stop calling the total loss of £20m the same as the loss we will have that falls under FFP as that figure will be a lot lower and could still comply with the rules around acceptable losses.

You are alleging that the club lost £20m on the playing side (FFP) only (therefore the total loss must be a higher figure) which isn't true.

This has been pointed out so many times now it's getting silly, instead of ignoring them and thinking they are against you, they aren't, but simply giving a correct answer to your questions and responses / replies.

The longer this goes on, the more it looks like you are just fishing (which i believe it is)

Mate I have not been trying to get peoples backs up. Someone did try to rally his troops and drive me off, didn't work. I agree I should not keep coming out with the 20 million number but I do believe that will be the official loss within our FFP next week. However I shall stop using the number.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I do wonder sometimes whether we used FFP to take away the fact that we couldn't break it anyway.

Barber kept banging on about it, relentlessly, whilst pocketing half a million a year.

You can bet your bottom FFP dollar that he would have had a different tune had he rocked up at QPR / Forest / Derby / Boro etc

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I didn't think someone could be that drunk and stupid at 8 on a saturday morning

clearly you have never traveled by train with the likes of @Returnoftherev for a long distance away game then :p

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But I still think we will break FFP to get promoted and I don't have a problem with that.

This is simply not true, and is what you are not understanding to the point that part of me thinks you are trolling.

We could have 39M in FFP attributed losses this year (note that only around 50-60% of the actual 20M figure predicted are FFP losses), which is the permitted figure over 3 year cycles, and STILL not be breaking FFP ruling.

We would obviously not do that, as should we fail to go up, it would mean we would need to break even for the next 2 years which would mean firesales and a probable struggle with relegation. However, if we did go up then we would be receiving a whole mass of new revenue and could continue spending WITHOUT HAVING BROKEN THE RULES TO GET THERE.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I may just add it's been an absolute world class effort by the OP,agree with him or not,like him or not,he may not be one's cup of tea either,but well you would want him with you in the trenches so to speak.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is simply not true, and is what you are not understanding to the point that part of me thinks you are trolling.

We could have 39M in FFP attributed losses this year (note that only around 50-60% of the actual 20M figure predicted are FFP losses), which is the permitted figure over 3 year cycles, and STILL not be breaking FFP ruling.

We would obviously not do that, as should we fail to go up, it would mean we would need to break even for the next 2 years which would mean firesales and a probable struggle with relegation. However, if we did go up then we would be receiving a whole mass of new revenue and could continue spending WITHOUT HAVING BROKEN THE RULES TO GET THERE.

WTF is it with some of you and this 'trolling' sh!t? I AM NOT! Ok, I understand where you're going and we won't go over, if... IF we go up this year and YOU are basing it on that!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I may just add it's been an absolute world class effort by the OP,agree with him or not,like him or not,he may not be one's cup of tea either,but well you would want him with you in the trenches so to speak.

Bless yer, get a new keyboard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here