Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Print at home alert.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I am already fearing the impact of this.

"Kick-off has been delayed until 4:30pm due to the number of late arrivals*"

(* - people who have print-at-home tickets that won't scan)
I really don't understand why they have gone with this option.

wangeye

Dec 1, 2014
8 hours for me, if I take a screen shot on my iPhone of the bar code on the ticket will that get me in?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
8 hours for me, if I take a screen shot on my iPhone of the bar code on the ticket will that get me in?

Has worked for me previously, yes.

Last cup game I did that. Someone else I was with printed their ticket but the print out was too small and of insufficient quality for the scanner to read the bar code. So I sailed in with no paper ticket at all, just my phone, whilst he had to fetch a steward to verify his printed ticket.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Soistes
May be wrong but when the short time for ST holders to grab their own seats expires, is it not a free for all, subject to points. Having a guaranteed seat with a ST is it not best to grab it now?

Yes it is a free-for-all, however before the free-for-all starts, as an STH you still have the option of buying seats elsewhere in the ground which are not being reserved/held for other STHs. This season there are quite a lot of "gaps" in all the main STH areas of the ground where tickets are sold on a match-by-match basis, e..g because previous season ticket holders didn't renew this season (STH numbers fell by several thousand at the start of the season). So, they may be gone by now, but yesterday morning it was easy to log on and buy tickets in other parts of the ground -- so I logged on, bypassed the page which was reserving our own two seats (in WSU) and bought two good seats in the lower east stand. So I have the tickets for these, and our own seats will then be available for sale on Tuesday

wangeye

Dec 1, 2014

Last cup game I did that. Someone else I was with printed their ticket but the print out was too small and of insufficient quality for the scanner to read the bar code. So I sailed in with no paper ticket at all, just my phone, whilst he had to fetch a steward to verify his printed ticket.

Cheers I will do both just Incase

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
They wouldn't fetch a steward for me, bar code too small, I was told to go to the ticket office. Queued 15 mins when I got to the front I was told it was the wrong queue then told to queue at the Queries office, another 15 mins and missed the pie and pint opportunity. The operator at the queries desk said "yes this is happening all the time".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They wouldn't fetch a steward for me, bar code too small, I was told to go to the ticket office. Queued 15 mins when I got to the front I was told it was the wrong queue then told to queue at the Queries office, another 15 mins and missed the pie and pint opportunity. The operator at the queries desk said "yes this is happening all the time".

I've had printed tickets not scan 2-3 times (when I have booked seats next to our STH seats for others) and they have never scanned - have always had a steward let us through though, muttering under his breath. Thanks for the tip re phone, will have that as backup.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Having had problems gaining entry for the Cheltenham game with a print at home ticket by ink-jet, I have opted to pay the extra £1 and have a ticket posted to me. Not worth the risk of delayed entry or aggro for this game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Epic fail trying to print at home on my 3D printer - who the HELL tests these things?! Barber OUT! :rant:

piano-keyboard-picture-2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here