Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA have finally gone mad,

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Are plumbers an ethnic group?

You gave me a Thumbs Down last week so I'm not telling you:moo:

HOWEVER----If you are saying most plumbers are white-arthritic-knackered-underpaid-pissed off-then you are half-way there:eek:
I do like a big order of ethnics tho:drool:

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Just remember, before you say, tweet, text or whatever. There are people out there waiting and looking for an opportunity to be offended.
Sadly as soon as they are offended there are more people out there agreeing with them and giving the little loves more to cry about.
We have to stop abuse of individuals but lets be sensible please.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just remember, before you say, tweet, text or whatever. There are people out there waiting and looking for an opportunity to be offended.
Sadly as soon as they are offended there are more people out there agreeing with them and giving the little loves more to cry about.
We have to stop abuse of individuals but lets be sensible please.

STUDENTS ain't they:p

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Minority groups often don't like being stereotyped, strangely enough. Even if they aren't offended, it is still potentially harmful to societal attitudes.

Unbelievable that in the 21st century people need this explaining to them , but to summarise: no group should be singled out - neither positively or negatively - for their race, skin colour or religion. This is how we will defeat racism.

Since when were blacks a minority group?

'No group should be singled out'. What a load of bollocks. Why do we have to pretend that everyone is the same and no races or nationalities have different characteristics or traits? They do. Pretending they don't is ludicrous, and classing a bit of light hearted banter as racism is part of the wider problem, it completely dilutes actual racism and discrimination and trivialises the whole issue. Pathetic.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I don't know what all the fuss is about - they haven't accused Balotelli of racism or even of making a racist comment - they have simply accused him of breaching two of their rules - for those who haven't read those rules here is their text:-

3 (1) A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not
act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any
one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive,
indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

(2) A breach of Rule E3(1) is an “Aggravated Breach” where it includes a reference,
whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic origin,
colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual
orientation or disability.

So I suppose the questions that have to be asked is whether or not the tweet that MB posted was in the best of interest of the game and/or if not did it include any reference to skin colour or ethnicity.

Given the level of comments on the Tweet it is difficult to argue that it was made in the 'best interests' of the game and it certainly contained both reference to colour and ethnicity.

Arguments as to whether or not Mario Balotelli was acting in a racist manner or whether or not the Tweet could be construed in that manner are irrelevant. He broke the rules of the FA and that is what he has been accused of - all the rest is just waffle.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Minority groups often don't like being stereotyped, strangely enough. Even if they aren't offended, it is still potentially harmful to societal attitudes.

Unbelievable that in the 21st century people need this explaining to them , but to summarise: no group should be singled out - neither positively or negatively - for their race, skin colour or religion. This is how we will defeat racism.

Since when were blacks a minority group?

'No group should be singled out'. What a load of bollocks. Why do we have to pretend that everyone is the same and no races or nationalities have different characteristics or traits? They do. Pretending they don't is ludicrous, and classing a bit of light hearted banter as racism is part of the wider problem, it completely dilutes actual racism and discrimination and trivialises the whole issue. Pathetic.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
He didn't 'write' anything.
He retweeted a SuperMario (geddit) anti-racist meme that's been doing the rounds for ages (but has recently been altered).

It says, 'Don't be racist, be like Mario - He's an Italian plumber, created by Japanese people, who speaks English & looks like a Mexican'.
It's on a purple background & someone has later photoshopped underneath, in lighter purple letters '... jumps like a black man & grabs coins like a jew'.

I'm aware Mario's not the sharpest tool in the box but this isn't someone shooting their mouth off without thinking, he's just retweeted something he liked & taken it down pretty rapidly.
To be lumping him in with twatty Whelan & scumbag Malky, as David Baddiel is doing is bizarre[/Q

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Because the differences are only aesthetic. It's important for society to train itself to remember that

That is utter bollocks. Are you seriously saying that the only difference between English and Spanish people is the way that they look? What about Chinese and Caucasians? They are different races, they have different characteristics, why do we have to pretend otherwise? It's ridiculous. And it would be a very boring world if they didn't. That isn't racism, it's fact, and classing it as racism dilutes the real issue of actual racism. It astonishes me that people are so brainwashed that they can't see the difference.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
That is utter bollocks. Are you seriously saying that the only difference between English and Spanish people is the way that they look? What about Chinese and Caucasians? They are different races, they have different characteristics, why do we have to pretend otherwise? It's ridiculous. And it would be a very boring world if they didn't. That isn't racism, it's fact, and classing it as racism dilutes the real issue of actual racism. It astonishes me that people are so brainwashed that they can't see the difference.

Are you suggesting that greed for instance can be described as a racial trait!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The only difference between the races are superficial, the differences in appearances. Do you not have foreign friends, do you not appreciate how similar you are and how your race or nationality in no way defines you?

Everyone is different, regardless of race and nationality - there is no point grouping people like that, anymore than there is point in grouping those who are lactose intolerant - it's completely irrelevant.

Nice thought. Now add a dash of religion into the mix.............

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
The only difference between the races are superficial, the differences in appearances. Do you not have foreign friends, do you not appreciate how similar you are and how your race or nationality in no way defines you?

Everyone is different, regardless of race and nationality - there is no point grouping people like that, anymore than there is point in grouping those who are lactose intolerant - it's completely irrelevant.

Yes I have foreign friends, and I have seen a lot of the world. Different races have different characteristics. Different cultures value different things, and different races and different nationalities are different to each other. It is absolutely laughable to pretend that they aren't. What a dull place the world would be if everyone was the same.

Your point about lactose intolerance is total nonsense. How can a food intolerance influence a group of people's personality?

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q

Are you saying that you have never 'pigeon holed' anyone ever Muzzy?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mustafa grow some......................... good night

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Mustafa is there any chance you can **** off and support someone else? I mean there is a 99% chance you're a wind up account, and to be honest a very good one, look at all the bites! But even with a miniscule 1% chance you're genunine I cannot stand c**ts like you. PERMANENTLY looking for something to be offended about. Maybe your local no league team would be a better fit? Just a suggestion lad, but you know.....

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Mario Balotelli charged with racisim for posting an instagram that included the words "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew"

He's black, and his Mum is Jewish.

All members of the FA hierarchy please resign today.

Ever heard of Nintendo you old idiots.

Oh yea black people cant be rascist :ffsparr:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely that to a large degree depends on whether it was meant to offend you.

That's bollocks. I can remember watching N....... Minstrel shows. That's a fact, and that's what they were billed as. As well as listening to my Auntie's records of Charlie Kunz and his Chocolate Covered Coons (they weren't that hot, to be honest). I'm saying that with no intent to offend anybody - it's just the way things were in the 1950's. That was then - we are now in now, and have moved on.

What is stupid is that if I'd typed in the remaining five letters of the 'N' word, I'd have probably been banned, even though I was only stating a historical fact, and would never dream of calling anybody that.

I can see in 20 years time, the ruthless march of PC will have progressed to the extent that little kids will be asking, "Mummy, why can't we use the 'N' word any more? What was so wrong about calling Crystal Palace supporters 'Nigels'?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A good job he didn't tweet another black footballer and use the N word.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here