Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game (hotel)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
A tough watch number two. Number one was Hull. We seemed to have totally lost our way. Stockdale seemed to have his head elswhere , and yes summed up by his attempt at sign language with ' up yours' . Maenpaa perform excellently at Hull and must now be in the frame for the next game. The full backs, Bruno seemed to frequently pick the wrong answer. Ridgewell is not a fullback! Calde is a better chioce if we can't get a quality leftback in. Dunk played quite well but a fateful slip led to headed pass to Danny Ward. Greer was solid but not error free. Kayal suffered a knee injury but played on at less than his best, Stephens grafted but you need others to move into space to give options. Murphy looked timid or knackered not sure which.Knockeart looked bright and gave us some hope. Wilson is lightweight and did not handle strong challenges, nearly got on the end of a cross though. Hemed still in COG mode. Bobby Z had some chances and offered more but has joined the off target trend. Lua Lua and crofts offered little. On plus side nice chat with many Donny fans who boosted our support and I only had a 25 minute drive home.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
David Stockdale's kicking last night was about as good as letting an ISIS member loose at the Wailing Wall. The fact he had the nerve to swear atvpeople who had made the effort to go to Rotherham, ****ing ROTHERHAM on a Tuesday night is piss poor in anyone's eyes

Sheffield is a good night out mind
So i've heard ,Bierkeller indeed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw a gent taken away for what I believe was the constant filming of the match on his smart phone last night. He returned 5 minutes later and kept his phone in his pocket. Not seen that before but have to say I support the stewards as it was a bit distracting for those behind him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw a gent taken away for what I believe was the constant filming of the match on his smart phone last night. He returned 5 minutes later and kept his phone in his pocket. Not seen that before but have to say I support the stewards as it was a bit distracting for those behind him.

I was stood in the seat behind him. Nice of you to say hi!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was stood in the seat behind him. Nice of you to say hi!!

Oh. I was two rows right behind you then. Unfortunately I don't know what you look like though. Next time!

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
I thought Knockaert was our MOTM tonight. A lot of positivity about him. With him and a fully fit KLL on the field we will cause some problems. Wilson seemed to be surrounded by 4 of their players every time he got the ball and became frustrated. On another day Bobby would have scored a couple and set up a third. Hemed just seemed disinterested in the first half. Stockdale had an off day (to put it politely). Murphy seems to be running through treacle when he has the ball. Kayal and Stephens dont seem to be as effective as they were earlier on.(But Kayal is still consistently one of our best players)
The things that were going our way in the first half of the season arent going our way now. We maybe punched above our weight a bit for the first 20 games but we are not far from being that side again now that some of the walking wounded are returning to action.
Thats football.

Totally agree, Knockaert was the ONLY one that seemed to have any drive or passion, whether it was an attempt to impress on his first outing or wath we can look forward to, i don't know.. Any sense of passion was missing from every other player on pitch.

I'll get flamed for this but it didn't feel like they were playing for the team, almost playing against it, playing against the manager? Is there any chance of a player/manager fall out?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here