Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So the way I read it is we named a 24 or 25 man squad last week. It goes to the Premier League who then publish it on 1st September.

At the fans forum last Wednesday the panel said it would be published next morning, people have implied we have kept it secret now due to possibly affecting the price on any sale of any unnamed players.

So of we have listed only Montoya and Bruno and the latter is out for a bit, we cannot then name him retrospectively.

Please feel free to amend of correct my thinking.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So to the point of this thread, did Hughton mention how long Bruno might be out for so we can track whether this is anywhere close to actual?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
So to the point of this thread, did Hughton mention how long Bruno might be out for so we can track whether this is anywhere close to actual?

Latest - Hughton quotes -

Bruno - “is a concern [for Man U] because he felt his hamstring”

Andone [groin] - “training on Monday”

Izquierdo - now confirmed as knee - “probably is going to be a little bit longer” [before a return to training]

Via:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/164...ughton-they-are-looking-over-their-shoulders/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
And Watford

Murray - returned from back injury as projected by Hughton post Nantes

Locadia - likewise to bench - Hughton said he would have come on if it wasn’t for Bruno injury.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We had to name the squad last week.

So the way I read it is we named a 24 or 25 man squad last week. It goes to the Premier League who then publish it on 1st September.

At the fans forum last Wednesday the panel said it would be published next morning, people have implied we have kept it secret now due to possibly affecting the price on any sale of any unnamed players.

So of we have listed only Montoya and Bruno and the latter is out for a bit, we cannot then name him retrospectively.

Please feel free to amend of correct my thinking.

We had to name a squad before the first game, but I believe we can change it on September 1st at which point it is fixed until January. What I don't know is whether we can change the squad daily until that point if we choose, or whether it is fixed from now til September 1st

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Latest - Hughton quotes -

Izquierdo - now confirmed as knee - “probably is going to be a little bit longer” [before a return to training]

I'm interested by that as my 12-yr old daughter told me Izquierdo had a knee injury 10 days ago - information gleaned by some social media of Jose's - and yet that information hadn't made it into the public domain. People need to get with the youth more :)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We had to name a squad before the first game, but I believe we can change it on September 1st at which point it is fixed until January. What I don't know is whether we can change the squad daily until that point if we choose, or whether it is fixed from now til September 1st
We can make changes with PL permission.

Perhaps they would get tired of giving permission on a daily basis.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I'm interested by that as my 12-yr old daughter told me Izquierdo had a knee injury 10 days ago - information gleaned by some social media of Jose's - and yet that information hadn't made it into the public domain. People need to get with the youth more :)

Yes. Agreed !2 weeks ago , he posted pic of him in Lancing I assume doing some knee /leg strengthening of some nature on his Insta Story...

1505f1085c306dff5c3910997329355d.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
With Bruno - it’s all about whether it’s a pull or strain (perhaps more likely given how he walked off) or a tear or partial tear - if former then could be days - if latter could be weeks or up to a few months .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Outstanding injury issue is Jason Steele. He’s didn’t play in pre season but afaik , no reports why.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here