Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Refreshing to be discussing Palace recruitment and sales rather than shitting ourselves about how many players we need to get in before the window closes.

“Relaxes in deckchair with a G&T enjoying the weather and lack of angst about the transfer window”

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Pretty much everyone on here agrees he's a very good lower half of Prem player. No one is disputing that. It's the childish histrionics of BEST PLAYER EVA!!1! that annoys us.

To be honest we haven't seen much of the histrionics past couple of seasons, He has matured for sure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Refreshing to be discussing Palace recruitment and sales rather than shitting ourselves about how many players we need to get in before the window closes.

“Relaxes in deckchair with a G&T enjoying the weather and lack of angst about the transfer window”

....with just a slight edginess about daft bids coming in for our key players..........

There's been a remarkable lack of noise on that front - suspect approaches to the club have been met with a very firm 'not for sale' message, quashing any rumours at source. At least, I hope that's the case.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Putting on my financial hat in relation to Zaha, Palace would be mad to let him go.

IMO he's the best player outside of the self styled 'Big Six' (even though Spurs last won the league in 1962 and Liverpool 1990 they do have more financial muscle than most) and the cost of relegation to Palace means that selling him for anything less than £60-70m would be counterproductive.

He's on a huge contract which will put off Spurs, City have Mahrez for that role, United was a disaster for him last time, Liverpool don't seem interested, so it is Chelsea, Arsenal or abroad, and I can't see him wanting to go overseas.

There are uncertainties in terms of Chelsea's ownership at present, so whether Abramovic would sanction spending that sum if he is looking to sell the club is questionable. Arsenal haven't worked out what style of play they have for this season so not sure he would be on their wish list.

On that basis I see him staying.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Putting on my financial hat in relation to Zaha, Palace would be mad to let him go.

IMO he's the best player outside of the self styled 'Big Six' (even though Spurs last won the league in 1962 and Liverpool 1990 they do have more financial muscle than most) and the cost of relegation to Palace means that selling him for anything less than £60-70m would be counterproductive.

He's on a huge contract which will put off Spurs, City have Mahrez for that role, United was a disaster for him last time, Liverpool don't seem interested, so it is Chelsea, Arsenal or abroad, and I can't see him wanting to go overseas.

There are uncertainties in terms of Chelsea's ownership at present, so whether Abramovic would sanction spending that sum if he is looking to sell the club is questionable. Arsenal haven't worked out what style of play they have for this season so not sure he would be on their wish list.

Couldn't you have piped up 128 pages ago!!??

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good post Kieron , finally abit of sense . Wilf will go after this season and I will just enjoy his talent for one more season , especially against you .

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

True. But Palace are well known for doing stupid things.

On that basis I see him going.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good post Kieron , finally abit of sense . Wilf will go after this season and I will just enjoy his talent for one more season , especially against you .

You keep saying it, its like you are trying to convince yourself every 20 mins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Envy :D

Maybe give the many Palace related threads a miss if you don't like what is posted within them, there is a solution for you...

I enjoy the Palace threads-they all serve to remind me what a joke of a club you are. Of course there's envy from you lot. We have a fabulous stadium that will serve us well for decades: you have a shithole badly wrapped in cladding despite having a 20 year start on us since we lost The Goldstone. We have a State of The Art training facility that is only bettered by one or 2 clubs: again, you've had a 20 year start on us and your 'Academy' is now way behind us. Granted, you have excelled in Administrations over us but we'll leave you to celebrate those. You're spunking more money than you earn so you're stuck with cladding for a few more years-of course you're envious.It's nothing to be ashamed of: we were envious of all 91 clubs when we were stuck at Withdean.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

I hope they keep him, as I can see them progressing as a team and club if they sell him. If they get say 50 million for him, they can improve their squad. They will not be so reliant on one player. Controversial I know, but hope he stays as they will have the sane issues as last year, they suffer when he does not play when out injured. I don’t think he wants to go, it’s just him and his agents touting him around to get Parish to pay silly wages to him. I am afraid that’s the game nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope they keep him, as I can see them progressing as a team and club if they sell him. If they get say 50 million for him, they can improve their squad. They will not be so reliant on one player. Controversial I know, but hope he stays as they will have the sane issues as last year, they suffer when he does not play when out injured. I don’t think he wants to go, it’s just him and his agents touting him around to get Parish to pay silly wages to him. I am afraid that’s the game nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so. He's rejected an offer of £125k/wk. Half a MILLION pounds a month.

I don't think this is about the money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think so. He's rejected an offer of £125k/wk. Half a MILLION pounds a month.

I don't think this is about the money.

I wonder if he’ll still get a pay rise if he isn’t sold before the window closes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here