Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official: Oscar resignation accepted***

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Excellent news. Now we can look for a proper manager who understands English football and comes with a personality.

I don't think I have ever, in 50 years of supporting the Albion, liked a manager less.
You weren't around when Curtis was manager. Given the injuries we have had, Oscar in one (his only) coaching in the English league and he took us to the play-offs....some people are never happy.
So in your mighty wisdom who would you want as manager...taking into consideration wages,availabilty...Holloway maybe,Warnock....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Vicente

Flex Your Head

I'm gutted that Oscar has gone as I'm sure that, given time and resources, he could've had us playing like we did for the first half hour or so in the first leg on a regular basis. Can't help but think that he feels let down and disappointed by the club which is why he has decided to walk away, and that makes me feel a bit sad. For him and for us.

Mind you, I'll probably hate him when it turns out he was tapped up by another club months ago and has been on auto-pilot ever since.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is there an argument that the club is basically seeking to make the Albion manager's job one that anyone only ever does for a year? A bit like Have I Got News For You did with guest presenters after sacking Angus Deayton for charlie and whores. If so, I can see a lot of positives:

1. Every season would be different: some years you get thrilling ticka-tacka or whatever it's called, sometimes Allardyce. Variety.
2. The unveiling of the year's new manager would become a event - sponsored by local businesses - maybe held on the seafront, with a Stars In Their Eyes-style big reveal. Imagine the excitement.
3. No-one would ever call for the manager to be sacked, so better atmosphere.
4. All transfers would be handled by someone else anyway, so that wouldn't even be a change.
5. Erm, that's it.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Truth is I'm now looking forward to next season a lot more than I was at 7pm yesterday.
Nothing would have changed under Oscar's stewardship and we'd have been in a right mess by Christmas, regardless of budget.
His style simply doesn't work in the championship with the quality of players available at this level.

At least a new manager can nurture a positive, attack minded, entertaining and perhaps even successful squad in time for the start of next season. Bring it on.
Ask yourself who saw value for money this season, us or Bournemouth fans, for example?

Laudrup please.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Now we will all go on holiday for several weeks and then leave it till 6 - 8 games into the season to make an appointment for the new head coach position.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Karl Robinson has won F ALL
No, but he did turn MK into a side that was better than our title winning side. Well, according to him that is.

Would some of you actually be disappointed in Hoddle joined us? I can't imagine he would, he could do so much better. But if he did, I would badly injure myself while attempting my first ever somersault.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here