Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More than 85% of public tips on benefit 'frauds' are false

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Or those who earn a small fortune working as contractors in the finance/banking, building or insurance industries and successfully evade paying tax or all those "small businesses" who aren't quite so altruistic or virtuous as you risibly suggest?

Talk about a load of people in glass houses only to ready to throw a stone at any other group of tax evaders rather than their own.

One set are contributing the others are absolutely not, at least acknowledge the lesser of two evils .......

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
One set are contributing the others are absolutely not, at least acknowledge the lesser of two evils .......

That's far too simplistic, there are far too many subsets however, yes, I would acknowledge the relative virtue of a group of hard working individuals/entrepreneurs who provide employment to others and have difficulty making ends meet.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I'm entitled to £0, have taken £0 from the state and over the last 15 years have paid in the order of £1m in income tax, so what's your point?

So you've not used a doctor, a road, a railway, a school, electricity, been protected by the police, security services and armed forces, benefited from scientific research or, for that matter, enjoyed watching a footballer who has in some way had his career supported by UK Sport? How on earth have you managed this?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Don't report her, DROWN HER.
I thought that was a sign of a supposed witch's innocence? Only those capable of devilish trickery would manage to actually float after all.

Edit; Thought I'd better make some effort to join in the spirit of the thread;

Look at all you silly people on the left/right, you've got this wrong because of *some reason that I'm sure is infallible* and disagreeing with me is a sign of your soft hearted weakness/cold arrogance/stupidity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you've not used a doctor, a road, a railway, a school, electricity, been protected by the police, security services and armed forces, benefited from scientific research or, for that matter, enjoyed watching a footballer who has in some way had his career supported by UK Sport? How on earth have you managed this?

Don't forget his 200 employees who will have, amongst many things, benefitted from UK state education.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You said you've taken, and I quote "0 from the state"

i think if one is going to quote, then it should be accurate, and it was "taken £0 from the state". £ is an important symbol in there, because it shows context, its referring to cash and the conversation was on benefits. its a bit disingenuous to shift on to universal and indirect provisions made by the state, when the context was individual and direct payments. this pedantry has a purpose as it highlights how on tax people seem quite happy to shift from one subject to different one pretending they are the same. like switch from benefits to corporate tax evasion. how about we have neither? they are not mutually exclusive. unless one is suggesting that £1.6bn isnt much so doesn't matter, i think we should want to do something to address benefit fraud.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I report anyone that openly boasts about how much money they can (illegally) get out of the benefits system.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
she turned me into a newt....

Witches were generally hung, whereas heretics were burnt, at least in the UK. Neither the 'leave' or 'stay' campaigns have confirmed their position on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here