Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This surely must be fake news?NSC's finest minds have assured us time and again that house prices are dropping through the floor and first-time buyers can't afford a yurt?:lolol:

View attachment 100398

I have only ever seen one Nsc poster insist that house prices are dropping and that was Uncle C.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have only ever seen one Nsc poster insist that house prices are dropping and that was Uncle C.

Indeed.

Honestly, I have no idea where 2P is coming from here. Not for the first time, he makes little sense. Is he really arguing that people have been claiming that 'house prices have dropped through the floor' AND that 'people can't afford to buy them'. The two statements seem rather contradictory, and I doubt you'd find anyone claiming both :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering WTF he's on about here. Baffling that this would be posted on this thread. ???

Firstly, that idea that house prices are plummeting is not something I've ever seen on here, and certainly not something I'd suggest was ever a function of Brexit as yet. Surely it's to do with the interest rates and level of available housing stock more than anything else.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid all you've done is fallen into the 'truism trap' i.e these are all logically implied by leaving the EU. (Just as someone who didn't want to leave could simply list the definitive features of remaining in the EU and claim they are beneficial.)

Now it may be that all the things you list are really good news but I'm afraid they are only really good news to people who share your own perspective. But what I was after was something rather more 'material' - things that folk would notice that would add to their quality of life. Anything really: how would you 'sell' leaving on this basis?

Havnt fallen into anything, it sells itself and be an improvement for the nation

So tell me on a personal level what did you consider would be beneficial enough to make you vote leave

I didnt base my vote on personal selfish reasons

Your implication was that Remainers on here who mentioned Farage (and were therefore 'obsessed' by him) had also said - at other times - that Farage had nothing to do with Brexit.

This was indeed made up and your defence now involves scratching around talking about the thoughts of single (still unidentified) remainers. No one doubts that the occasional oddball exists - possibly related to those UKIP supporters who apparently voted Remain - but that wasn't your implication.

No worries - I simply wanted to check out your ability to mislead. I am grateful for your co-operation.

No need to mis-represent what i said again,

Just coming back to that pasta old chap. Is it outdated though?

We've got never-ending austerity. If austerity hadn't happened, Brexit wouldn't have happened. Brexit is purely now a damage limitation exercise, it's really just a question of how bad that damage will be. Yet Brexit itself now is being driven along toward the cliff edge by the ERG/LML lot. Perhaps when you hear the likes of Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Paterson etc speak, you see and hear people you can relate to and empathise with and feel your sort of man is in charge. Personally speaking I just see and hear a bunch of primarily clueless, male, public school, right wing, arrogant, xenophobic, wealthy, old money, nostalgic, embarrassing, dangerous idiots, who given the opportunity in the future when it comes, will go after the welfare state, workers rights, the minimum wage and goodness knows what else in their drive to take this country back to the 1930's. I suspect I'm not the only one who thinks like that. Austerity is going nowhere and it certainly isn't with whatever dangerous freakoid takes the gig of PM on from May. You only have to have a look at the list of Tory MP's who voted against gay marriage who were pro-Brexit to wonder what else they might go for. Still, as I'm not gay, a woman, or an immigrant, I might have a fighting chance in the future United Kingdom of England and Wales.

:lolol:
You keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.
Cant be anything to do with the EU can it........must be austerity.
You are in denial.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed.

Honestly, I have no idea where 2P is coming from here. Not for the first time, he makes little sense. Is he really arguing that people have been claiming that 'house prices have dropped through the floor' AND that 'people can't afford to buy them'. The two statements seem rather contradictory, and I doubt you'd find anyone claiming both :shrug:

Perhaps one professor thinks one thing and the other professor thinks the other ...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
:lolol:
You keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.
Cant be anything to do with the EU can it........must be austerity.
You are in denial.

Yes that's right - blame all our problems on The EU and if not blame it on immigrants - it's not austerity or British Government decisions.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Who's got it in for Bonking Boris ? Is someone trying to stir the pot and get rid of him or are they getting rid of the dirty laundry before the Tory conference ???

Front page of The Sun had the 'exclusive'. It's probably connections to that evil, megalomaniac and fellow Old Etonion Rees-Mogg hatching a plot - a lot of blue rinse members of the Tory party wouldn't vote for an adulterer like Johnson now.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Front page of The Sun had the 'exclusive'. It's probably connections to that evil, megalomaniac and fellow Old Etonion Rees-Mogg hatching a plot - a lot of blue rinse members of the Tory party wouldn't vote for an adulterer like Johnson now.

Even the swivel eyed Brexiters are divided , not just the Tories as a party. What an absolute mess

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering WTF he's on about here. Baffling that this would be posted on this thread. ???

Firstly, that idea that house prices are plummeting is not something I've ever seen on here, and certainly not something I'd suggest was ever a function of Brexit as yet. Surely it's to do with the interest rates and level of available housing stock more than anything else.

You guys just struggle using house prices as an economic indicator, primarily because they have generally continued to increase, it would be plain daft to use it as an indicator of a failing economy, but if they were falling you would be all over it, if they were continually falling perhaps rightly so.

But many Remain posters have cited or forecast other stuff inextricably linked to the housing market such as runaway inflation, recession, rising interest rates, crashing stock markets, increased unemployment, currency crash and so on, including more exaggerated language from the more politically motivated Remain posters including 'Britains on the brink' 'the way the country is collapsing' and 'soon to be living within third world conditions'.

So before you give each other a pat on the back for not mentioning it, no wonder, quite simply it couldn't survive if any of these remarks were anyway near true, so it is relevant but just not in the way you would of hoped.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You guys just struggle using house prices as an economic indicator, primarily because they have generally continued to increase, it would be plain daft to use it as an indicator of a failing economy, but if they were falling you would be all over it, if they were continually falling perhaps rightly so.

But many Remain posters have cited or forecast other stuff inextricably linked to the housing market such as runaway inflation, recession, rising interest rates, crashing stock markets, increased unemployment, currency crash and so on, including more exaggerated language from the more politically motivated Remain posters including 'Britains on the brink' 'the way the country is collapsing' and 'soon to be living within third world conditions'.

So before you give each other a pat on the back for not mentioning it, no wonder, quite simply it couldn't survive if any of these remarks were anyway near true, so it is relevant but just not in the way you would of hoped.

Whatever. But what were you blathering on about earlier, [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and sports teams?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid all you've done is fallen into the 'truism trap' i.e these are all logically implied by leaving the EU. (Just as someone who didn't want to leave could simply list the definitive features of remaining in the EU and claim they are beneficial.)

Now it may be that all the things you list are really good news but I'm afraid they are only really good news to people who share your own perspective. But what I was after was something rather more 'material' - things that folk would notice that would add to their quality of life. Anything really: how would you 'sell' leaving on this basis?

I'm sure JRM said things would be better in 45 years.

In the meantime we have the comfort of Andrea Leadsom's jam and biscuit export lead Brexit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Economic indicator, I love that term :lolol:

“Would of”

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Who's got it in for Bonking Boris ? Is someone trying to stir the pot and get rid of him or are they getting rid of the dirty laundry before the Tory conference ???

He clearly does not give two hoots about his wife, his record makes that obvious.
But he has ditched her now (or she has ditched him after he admitted and affair, same thing) so that when he goes for the leadership, which he surely will, he will not have this hanging over his head and hope that people would have forgotten or just say its 'old news.
I mean just how callous can you get, when is everybody, no matter who you vote for or your views on Brexit, going to see through this thoroughly nasty, idiotic clown.
I find it incredible that so many people actually like him and support him.
It takes a lot of doing at the moment, but he is the politician I detest the most, there is not a single good bone in his body.
What the hell are we going to do if he makes it to PM.
I really think there will be a GE before Christmas, I for one cant wait for the Tory conference this year, never thought I would say that about any of the conferences as they are usually the most boring events of the year.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm sure JRM said things would be better in 45 years.

In the meantime we have the comfort of Andrea Leadsom's jam and biscuit export lead Brexit

Yes. Even the law of averages would suggest something good will come out of Brexit, but nothing has yet come from our Leavers. Probably because there's naff-all to report. The best they can do is simply say that it won't be as bad as the predictions. This is thin gruel, but I've a horrible feeling that's what we'll be eating soon anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just a shame you don't understand it .........

Why won’t you explain the sports team post to me and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]? What did it mean? Neither of us have a clue.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why won’t you explain the sports team post to me and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]? What did it mean? Neither of us have a clue.

Honestly I really can't spoon feed you, although I can say that Westdene wasn't expected to know, a bit like you original jibe to him about PDF's which most didn't know either, so it was factual dig from me to you in equal measure :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here