Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth - Technical Director

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I'm not sure how much truth there is in this, but the Mirror are reporting that we're interested in appointing the FA's Dan Ashworth as our new technical director.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brighton-job-beckons-england-boss-13012023

Sounds like the kind of shrewd behind-the-scenes appointment that we'd make. Really impressed by the way in which we've appointed key personnel to the club to date - Barber and Winstanley have been invaluable to our development. If Ashworth can do likewise, then this could be an exciting appointment. Not entirely sure what the post would entail, or whether he'd be treading on other people's toes in the creation of the new role though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’d be absolutely shocked if that happened. He’s a big cheese in the world of football with a very high reputation, getting a lot of plaudits for England’s resurgence this summer.

Everyone talks highly of him and on paper he’d seem like a fantastic appointment for us but I can’t see why he would do it? He’s with his country, doing an excellent job and when the time’s right for him to leave that role, I would have thought the biggest clubs in Europe would want him on board.

We do need a contingency plan for Barber though as I would have thought it’s a matter of time before he’s running the FA or Premier League.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I’d be absolutely shocked if that happened. He’s a big cheese in the world of football with a very high reputation, getting a lot of plaudits for England’s resurgence this summer.

Everyone talks highly of him and on paper he’d seem like a fantastic appointment for us but I can’t see why he would do it? He’s with his country, doing an excellent job and when the time’s right for him to leave that role, I would have thought the biggest clubs in Europe would want him on board.

We do need a contingency plan for Barber though as I would have thought it’s a matter of time before he’s running the FA or Premier League.

But we are on our way to being one of the biggest clubs in Europe. He knows this.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This is about striking while the irons hot- we're in the Prem now, a few sensible strategic risks and we can establish ourselves good and proper.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Enables Barber to move on, at some point....

His role at the FA is very different to anything Barber does - oversight of coaching rather than administration. He'd be responsible for making sure that all the club's teams play the same way so that a player moving up through the age groups would know that he'd be working in the same team pattern or at least within the same overall playing scheme. Similar to a director of football but without responsibility for transfers and contracts.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Money, and he also went to Uni in Brighton, so maybe he has fond memories?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm not sure how much truth there is in this, but the Mirror are reporting that we're interested in appointing the FA's Dan Ashworth as our new technical director.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brighton-job-beckons-england-boss-13012023

Sounds like the kind of shrewd behind-the-scenes appointment that we'd make. Really impressed by the way in which we've appointed key personnel to the club to date - Barber and Winstanley have been invaluable to our development. If Ashworth can do likewise, then this could be an exciting appointment. Not entirely sure what the post would entail, or whether he'd be treading on other people's toes in the creation of the new role though.

Whilst this would potentially be excellent, it’s probably best you come back to us when you’ve got a more substantial source than the Mirror.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barber's ability to write a needlessly long email seems to cloud some people's ability to recognise he isn't particularly competent.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barber's ability to write a needlessly long email seems to cloud some people's ability to recognise he isn't particularly competent.

You been at those happy pills again.......?

Nurse....nurse...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If it means we install hundreds more all-weather pitches in Sussex at schools and leisure centres which local clubs can use at a reasonable cost.
Many grass pitches in Sussex are sub standard we need to build a strong base to our Sussex football pyramid so we bring more local footballers through the system.
Also Less games called off due to bad weather and will improve skills.
Also we need to bring on more qualified coaches and referees..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here