Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Favourite Albion Merchandise Stuff?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My garden gnome got broken so I would like to replace it.

In pride of place is my framed signed Bobby Zamora shirt from 2001/02. I like the end of season highlights dvd, and some of the books.
I am in one of the photos in We're on our Way - part three of the trilogy.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
My garden gnome got broken so I would like to replace it.

In pride of place is my framed signed Bobby Zamora shirt from 2001/02. I like the end of season highlights dvd, and some of the books.
I am in one of the photos in We're on our Way - part three of the trilogy.

you're jogging my memory now. I have a programme (somewhere) signed by Bobby Z at Withdean. I also have various books

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The "leisure wear" sold by the club is an insult. Its cheap tacky crap,completely devoid of imagination or design flair. Its been like this for ages and whoever is responsible should've been sacked a long time ago. Its indicative that when people with a bit of wit start to do their own thing (Teegulls for example) the club moves in double time to shut them down.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The "leisure wear" sold by the club is an insult. Its cheap tacky crap,completely devoid of imagination or design flair. Its been like this for ages and whoever is responsible should've been sacked a long time ago. Its indicative that when people with a bit of wit start to do their own thing (Teegulls for example) the club moves in double time to shut them down.

This.

If you have a nose at other clubs there are often t-shirts based on current chants that are popular, players, specific historical references etc. Our have weird shit like a bottle top for no apparent reason with BHAFC on it. The last decent one they produced was the all-time XI voted for by fans, and that must have been over 5 years ago.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What about the HOLA GUS one?

(with a silhouette picture of Craig Charles on the front)

I too have one of those, one of the best sellers at the Queens Road shop for a while, along with the Uruguyan national flag.

I'm also the proud owner of a blue Goodbye to the Goldstone tee shirt, purchased from the back of a van on the Old Shoreham Road back in 1997.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Here's a question for those of you who supported the club back in the mid/late 1980's. Does anyone remember the name of the young woman who worked briefly in the club shop at the Goldstone alongside Margaret Sanderson, and actually designed much of the club's leisurewear around that time?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Love this showing signs of age

image.jpg

SKINT lap-tray :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I too have one of those, one of the best sellers at the Queens Road shop for a while, along with the Uruguyan national flag.

I'm also the proud owner of a blue Goodbye to the Goldstone tee shirt, purchased from the back of a van on the Old Shoreham Road back in 1997.

They were good t shirts, wish still had though I've still got another Goldstone t-shirt which is battered, hole in etc but I still wear in the summer. It's gone past charity shop status, now it's museum worthy as will yours, Sir!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ve been a bit disappointed with some of the clobber from the club shop since Nike came onto the scene, although, admittedly, I do like the latest training kit that’s now up for grabs, and I do like our new replica shirts, both home and away.

What I don’t like is any of the current leisure wear. Compare it to what was on offer in the early Amex years with a decent range of T-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies. Which leads me to the point of my thread - my absolute favourite gear which is the Brighton hoodie done in the style of ‘Superdry’. I’ve had it now for five years. It’s battered, frayed, discoloured but I still wear it with pride. If only the club would come up with a decent replacement.

Good point, the paradox since moving to the Amex is we've gone backwards in terms of merchandise. The quality and designs of 'stuff' in general during the Gillingham and Withdean days was better bizarrely. Even the scarves currently are a bit shit. Nike is a rubbish brand designed for today's sheep. Can't someone kick start Admiral again. And what's happened to Umbro these days? :)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I have one of those brilliant over ear hats that is totally inappropriate for an adult to wear in public, yet during the cold winter months it keeps my head beautifully warm whilst everyone else around me looks like someone they're going to keel over. So that's my favourite piece of merchandise.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
At a guess I'd say 79-80, it kind of ties in with other stuff personally, also, having had a mini van and known of a good few, there were a lot about in the T-V reg, 78-81. also ties up with promotion in 1980. Which was clearly a more lucrative period.

Wow when was that pic taken? mid/late seventies would be my guess?

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
38! Bloody hell, awe have about 15. Earliest being a pukka squad Bukta shirt, a Nobo 88-89? Then a load of 90's early 2000's
I only ever wear repro vintage cotton. Nylon is the fabric of the devil, hence not owning a single garment from the club shop, it's all slave labour Chinese commercial shit! The club really should up its game.

I have 38 shirts dating back to Donatello (one of the best, still). I have a garden gnome in the stripes which is currently scaring birds in my plum tree. I have an official Albion carpet in the bedroom. Much less tat are my two short sleeve butten-up non-iron shirts with the seagull embroidered in white; discrete and elgant. Just like me. Not sure which I like the best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here