Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I think that’s a great gesture by him. Credit where it’s due. And to his very humble response. Whisper it but he’s an excellent player and despite the grief he routinely gets on here his dedication to Palace is admirable.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Not sure why Parish could not reduce his massive salary to pay for it. I wonder how much Tony Bloom takes in salary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think that’s a great gesture by him. Credit where it’s due. And to his very humble response. Whisper it but he’s an excellent player and despite the grief he routinely gets on here his dedication to Palace is admirable.

Or to put into perspective...
He earns close to £1,000 an hour. Not exactly the greatest act of philanthropy to support the women's team for a year with what earns during 1 night's sleep. He has been shamed into stepping forward to do this because of the timing of his contract announcement, if he was doing it from a love of the club, he would have done it BEFORE it got into the papers!

TBH.... the state of affairs is, in my opinion pretty despicable.

If I played football for the Wagon & Horses pub team I'd expect to pay to play. If I played for a club with a premier league name I would honestly expect them to pick up the tab for pretty much everything (and so does just about everyone else it seems). Kit, travel, fees, half-time oranges, etc should all be covered by the club when you are playing under the banner of a club bringing in over £100million a year.

I understand that every league needs to be funded by the teams that participate and that means a levy/fees/subs being due. Regardless of how low down the leagues you are, who pays those dues is very dependent on who you are representing. It should be an absolute given that a professional football club in the top flight of the men's game are covering *ALL* the costs associated with their womens, youth & disabled teams. Just an absolute given. No "ah well but...." Just pay. FFS, every premier league team should be obliged to field a women's team and be obliged to pay them a salary IMO. This should apply regardless of the level they compete at (though you would expect professional teams to naturally progress to one of the top divisions if they aren't there already). This should be a cost of joining the PL gravy train. You support "grass roots" football by funding (100%) a minimum number of teams in the spirit of inclusiveness.

Organisations not receiving the ridiculous sums of PL teams shouldn't be held to the same rules, but should be prepared to be "named and shamed" when it's clear they are shirking somewhat. So all but the sh1ttiet championship clubs and a few Div1/2 clubs should be setting the bar quite high and also funding a range of teams on the back of their TV revenue.

In all honesty, however you try, you could not spin this as anything other than CPFC being a shoddy organisation operating well below the standards that normal people would expect of a premier league football club.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not sure why Parish could not reduce his massive salary to pay for it. I wonder how much Tony Bloom takes in salary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on recent years... roughly MINUS £10m a year! And yet we field teams in virtually every possible incarnation of the game, pay our women's first team players and act in a decent, inclusive and professional manner either as a club or as the AITC to encourage participation in the sport regardless of gender, age or disability.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
But didn't our resident Palace fans say CPLFC have NOTHING to do with CPFC? If that was the case then why did Zaha helped them out with some spare change? Weird.

When their PL adventures ends, as it will for every non-top six club, they really will be screwed won't they.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
But didn't our resident Palace fans say CPLFC have NOTHING to do with CPFC? If that was the case then why did Zaha helped them out with some spare change? Weird.

When their PL adventures ends, as it will for every non-top six club, they really will be screwed won't they.

I really do not understand what you are having so much difficulty with. I realise a load of your resident geniuse seem to think they know when in actual fact they are wrong. So tell me what it is you are having trouble understanding and I will try and explain slowly and be as monosyllabic as possible.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really do not understand what you are having so much difficulty with. I realise a load of your resident geniuse seem to think they know when in actual fact they are wrong. So tell me what it is you are having trouble understanding and I will try and explain slowly and be as monosyllabic as possible.

Nah you are alright mate.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Fair play to Wilf.

Though the club could have just given him a slightly lower pay rise and then had enough money in the coffers to do this themselves.

As it is, Wilf is basically acting as a bizarre Robin Hood type character: taking money from the (not very) rich and giving it to the (definitely) not rich.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Pointless arguing with the Palace trolls on here they are not capable of anything other than a blind defence of their classless outfit who would rather line the pockets of Benteke than fund their community clubs.

Then again are we surprised at every turn that club shows what a complete lack of class it has from stiffing St Johns Ambulance, poo-gate and now relying on a player to fund the ladies team.

Let them defend it the more it tells us about them as individuals and the club they support.

BHAFC are a true community club actively supporting Albion teams at all levels of the game and that is without Palaces 4 seasons in the PL money pool.

Rather than aspire for their club to do something similar with their millions they instead choose to hide behind a legal ownership document as proof of something. Do Palace fans not find it disappointing their club have no desire to fund their woman’s team? Why is nobody questioning why a player is now having to fund something a progressive club would do themselves?

Sad really but are we really that surprised

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You have tunnel vision. Do you thing Palace backing the ladies financially 100 per cent is the right thing to do even if they ain't legally obligated to?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

You can't work out what I'm talking about and I'm the thicko?

OK mate. #PalaceLogic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pointless arguing with the Palace trolls on here they are not capable of anything other than a blind defence of their classless outfit who would rather line the pockets of Benteke than fund their community clubs.

Then again are we surprised at every turn that club shows what a complete lack of class it has from stiffing St Johns Ambulance, poo-gate and now relying on a player to fund the ladies team.

Let them defend it the more it tells us about them as individuals and the club they support.

BHAFC are a true community club actively supporting Albion teams at all levels of the game and that is without Palaces 4 seasons in the PL money pool.

Rather than aspire for their club to do something similar with their millions they instead choose to hide behind a legal ownership document as proof of something. Do Palace fans not find it disappointing their club have no desire to fund their woman’s team? Why is nobody questioning why a player is now having to fund something a progressive club would do themselves?

Sad really but are we really that surprised

Nicely summed up, and no, I'm not in the least bit surprised.

The whole culture at CPFC2010 is rotten to the core, as we saw ourselves during Poogate when they held back sniggering behind their hands, fully in the knowledge that it was one of THEIR employees responsible for it, whilst BHAFC publically apologised to them and conducted an internal investigation that could easily have resulted in some low-ranking employee losing their job over it. The goonsquad just pass it off as "bants", or try to deny it of course, because they are a myopic bunch of cockspangles.

From top to bottom, on so many levels, CPFC2010 is riddled with filth.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
...are we surprised at every turn that club shows what a complete lack of class it has from stiffing St Johns Ambulance, poo-gate and now relying on a player to fund the ladies team?

Absolute word.

When you compare this whole embarrassing saga against the amazing work BHAFC do with Albion in the community - supporting multiple teams at all levels of the game - it demonstrates a staggering gulf in class between our clubs.

You'd like to think our resident NigeLLLLLLLs might be disappointed in the way their club has spunked away their near half-a-billion PL income (over the last five years!) but nope.. nothing but total defence of the party line. And what does CPFC2010 have to show for it? A one-man team that's an injury away from being relegation certainties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here