Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yes. There’s a thread of over 100 pages on here with people kicking off about no longer being allowed their flasks and an online petition to go with it.

Slightly different to turfing people out their seats for what is seen as "better fans" to take your place. Ultimately the Spotty teenagers think they have a right to sit where they want and don't have a care in the world for their fellow fans, its all about them. What i don't get is, if they move to the Centre of Block E, then surely other fans will be forced to stand when they don't want to or move seats they've had for years with friends and family.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The HF are experiencing delusions of grandeur IMO. They're nowhere near as important to Crystal Palace as they think they are. And the way they trying to hold the club to random is frankly, hilarious. There are 200 seats now occupied by other people whose money is exactly the same colour. If Palace go on a winning-streak, they'll be a distant memory by Christmas.

They pay no attention to the Palace fans they'll affect either which really bugs me (and Palace fans alike) They just think it's their right to take that whole stand. And take it now.

Perhaps they could understand that until they get their new Amex West Stand built, there's no better option for those people and perhaps they should bide their time, increase their little block slowly, be patient and work with the club instead of spitting out their dummy's and throwing their Stone Island patches across the room.

Basically, for once, I actually applaud Parish in not bending to the demands of this relatively small, but loud group of supporters.

Even if and when their Amex-a-like stand gets built the problem is unlikely to be resolved.

Until Palace scrambled their way into the Premier League, there were up to 10,000 empty seats at Selhurst Park for many fixtures. If those with central seats in the Lower Holmesdale wanted a side-on view, they've had plenty of opportunity to get them. That they didn't suggests that, like many of us, those folk have selected their seats to give them the view of the game they most favour. I like the WSU and wouldn't want to be in the Amex North Stand, whilst those in the North Stand wouldn't want my seats. It's just the way it is.

Some Palace fans thought it was OK to storm the Amex South Stand seats and turf out their own fans who already held tickets there. This seems to be a slightly more polite way of doing the same thing.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
What a tinpot bunch of goons. They are now saying that the spotty oiks should be offered free season tickets to come back for the remainder of the season.
So basically, paying people to come and support their club.
What an absolute shambles that club is from top to bottom.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Basically, for once, I actually applaud Parish in not bending to the demands of this relatively small, but loud group of supporters.

Except that it appears that Parish was initially very enthusiatic (Palace's own statement says this) and it was only when the plan was leaked and the people who were going to be turfed out of their seats objected that the plan was shelved. So effectively Parish is bravely standing up to himself...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The HF are experiencing delusions of grandeur IMO. They're nowhere near as important to Crystal Palace as they think they are.

Actually, seeing as they don't seem to have been able to create an organic atmosphere at Selhurst in the first 2 home games, I think that this singing section are very important and are probably worth 6-7 home points a season, if not more. This is why it's funny.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What I'll say is that I went to an Orlando City game last year, snagging a resale ticket directly behind the goal amongst their ultras. Non-stop singing, drums, flag waving and pyros. (Plus standing in rail seats with a beer holder).

I'm not sure if this will be viewable or not: https://www.facebook.com/DarrenMcKay/videos/10154428145046811/

It was, I'll admit, tremendous fun. I appreciate it's not for everyone and I'm not sure I'd want it each and every home game, but I understand what the HF are trying to create and, I'll agree that from my experiences, it would be pretty unique in English football currently.

But the only way the HF can get to this is by moving a lot of people, some of whom may now wish to move, even for a discount.

So what you're saying is, the fanny pads want to be like Portland Timbers?

Portland Timbers from the MLS.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Love the sentiment of the lower holmesdale being a singing section. Very uncomfortable the current encumbrance being made or feeling forced to move from seats they have sat in for many years. HF have been very mindul in usage of the word inclusive. Whether any Brighton fans think they are spotty kids or not - the rest of the PL, pundits, commentators all put the atmosphere at Selhurst as one of the best, or used to. Really hope there can be a solution found. No hiding the fact atmosphere has dropped dramatically.

I think that is where you are wrong. Most other PL fans laugh at the Ultras, and their silly banners about foreign ownership etc, god help Palace if they ever had foreign owners as the fans would not have that?? Bunch of total deluded idiots despised by the majority including Palace fans as it appears. Get rid and we can take your fan base seriously again as you have in general bloody good fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I would urge caution...by his writing style I fear TP can handle himself and would make short work of us 'Weed'. Perhaps OG oh sorry Se20 as well.

I would certainly fall into that category. The fairy who called me a c*** would most certainly be ironed out in real life. However it holds absolutely no credence behind the protection of the internet for me to say that. Just like the fairy being the big man calling me that name. At no point have I been abusive amd used language like this and I could not care less if it was a weed saying it to a palace fan or not - he should be banned. You lot love trying to take the high ground, however Bozza and the other mods have shown their class by ignoring it. Makes me laugh how you lot try to think you a better class of people with the behaviour you all display on here. Bozza you are a joke

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I would certainly fall into that category. The fairy who called me a c*** would most certainly be ironed out in real life. However it holds absolutely no credence behind the protection of the internet for me to say that. Just like the fairy being the big man calling me that name. At no point have I been abusive amd used language like this and I could not care less if it was a weed saying it to a palace fan or not - he should be banned. You lot love trying to take the high ground, however Bozza and the other mods have shown their class by ignoring it. Makes me laugh how you lot try to think you a better class of people with the behaviour you all display on here. Bozza you are a joke

Oh the Irony.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here