Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
View attachment 100333

It would appear the ladies club is independent of CPFC 2010
Quite but then when on the CPFC site it says "Palace Ladies are confident that the club, fully supported by Crystal Palace FC" and on the Ladies site "Crystal Palace Ladies FC is a proud family member of the global brand that is, English Premier League club, Crystal Palace FC" and "we have been keen to foster the strongest possible links to our parent club, Crystal Palace FC" they are not exactly emphasising it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace fans desperately trying to disown their own ladies team now pleased to have been proven correct.

Stay Classy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Quite but then when on the CPFC site it says "Palace Ladies are confident that the club, fully supported by Crystal Palace FC" and on the Ladies site "Crystal Palace Ladies FC is a proud family member of the global brand that is, English Premier League club, Crystal Palace FC" and "we have been keen to foster the strongest possible links to our parent club, Crystal Palace FC" they are not exactly emphasising it.

It would appear that the company that owns CPFC Ladies was incorporated on March 9th this year, one day after this article appeared on the CPFC website.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/crystal-palace-ladies-bid-for-elite-league-status/

So clearly the new company was formed to aid this elite league bid. Who owned CPFC ladies before March this year? Also as the linked article says CPFC Ladies are almost entirely funded by CPFC, the links clearly go deeper than just a badge and name. But when your chairman owns a company called smoke and mirrors you can expect some muddied water.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would appear that the company that owns CPFC Ladies was incorporated on March 9th this year, one day after this article appeared on the CPFC website.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/crystal-palace-ladies-bid-for-elite-league-status/

So clearly the new company was formed to aid this elite league bid. Who owned CPFC ladies before March this year? Also as the linked article says CPFC Ladies are almost entirely funded by CPFC, the links clearly go deeper than just a badge and name. But when your chairman owns a company called smoke and mirrors you can expect some muddied water.
Just not deep enough in their pockets.

Nothing new there then.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
palace fans desperately trying to disown their own ladies team now pleased to have been proven correct.

Stay Classy.

It would be really disappointing if the main story on the Palace website was actually about the ladies team after all this wouldn't it.....

Palace Ladies.PNG

Off to get my laptop disinfected now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be really disappointing if the main story on the Palace website was actually about the ladies team after all this wouldn't it.....

View attachment 100334

Off to get my laptop disinfected now.

There is nothing about that to suggest the ladies team is in anyway connected to crystal palace.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, to be a meaningful lark I think it would have to be the whole team - but only if the sponsorship mentioned Brighton and Hove Albion - great and popular though NSC I don't think the majority of Palarse supporters would recognise what 'NSC' was.
'Sponsored by Brighton supporters on NSC' or something like that maybe. Get hat sorted and you know what? - I'd be seriously thinking about chipping in with .......... well, £50 quid anyway!

Good man! ... or Lady?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Just as a side to the whole debate, I was really surprised when Man Utd said they were forming a women's team this year - I hadn't realised they didn't have one. I don't know the reasons why they didn't, but it shows that even the most powerful and successful clubs don't always care much about the women's game.

For the sake of the Palace women, I hope they get the funding they need.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A question for the Palace trolls.

Your womens' team clearly have shirt sponsors. So what has happened to that money if the players are being sent out on the knocker to raise a few hundred quid to be allowed to continue playing for the team?

Our womens side have the same sponsors as their male counterparts (American Express & Nike). Why has CPLFC not been sponsored in similar fashion?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
How about NSC members sponsoring them on condition that "WERE LOOSE" is emblazoned on the shirts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here