Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] I.T. HelpDesk request

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It's possible you need to connect via the company VPN/Intranet in order to access the internet.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Sorry, don't really want to hijack the thread but...........
I switched the wifi slide switch off on my Dell windows10 laptop which changes the icon into flight mode, BUT! When I slid the switch back nothing happened and the laptop now is in permanent flight mode?
Is there anything I can do or do I have to take the machine to a repair shop? If so any recommendations?? Any advice gratefully received. Yes I have tried switching the laptop off and on and also the wifi switch!! Thanks for help.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This. We get loads of these and have to make sure we turn off the firewall and know the local admin password as the PC is usually 200 miles away. Long way to go if you lose contact with the PC out of the domain.

Edit - Probably not in this case reading further.
Finally got through to a bloke at Lords who does I.T. help for the ECB...

He gave me his administrator details to get logged on which worked but then my wifi wasn't connected. He was short of time as he was going to be late collecting his daughter from school (and the other bloke in the office is also very busy) but we were able to check that the domain was ecb.co.uk and he seemed confident he can fix it - so he's going to phone me back in the morning. :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I switched the wifi slide switch off on my Dell windows10 laptop which changes the icon into flight mode, BUT! When I slid the switch back nothing happened and the laptop now is in permanent flight mode?
Is there anything I can do or do I have to take the machine to a repair shop? If so any recommendations?? Any advice gratefully received. Yes I have tried switching the laptop off and on and also the wifi switch!! Thanks for help.
HIJACKER....!!!! Good luck though - hope someone can help you. I think I'm done.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

Click on Settings, then Network and Internet to open up the network settings, in the left hand panel you should see 'Airplane Mode' (2nd option) - You should be able to disable it.

Yoda

English & European
Only just seen this as having a couple of days off from work, but working on an NHS IT Helpdesk I am assuming having been sent the laptop, you've never logged onto it before with it connected to your works domain? If this is the case you will need to be plugged in for the first time you log onto your profile so it can create a local copy for you to use wirelessly (if set to not connect to wifi until after log on) or away from the office.

Get that message quite a lot.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
I am assuming this is a laptop issued by the company you work for?

It's looking to verify your account against your company domain. Have you ever logged into the laptop before? If you have it should picked up your locally cached profile and login to that without the need to verify your account on the domain. If you've never logged into the laptop before then it would need to be connected your company network in some way, either via ethernet or wi-fi, this would normally have to be done while on company premises. You can then take the laptop away, login at home and connect to home wi-fi etc.

This is the correct answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Click on Settings, then Network and Internet to open up the network settings, in the left hand panel you should see 'Airplane Mode' (2nd option) - You should be able to disable it.
Thanks for your answer, I have done this and although the airplane mode was not highlighted (greyed out) I clicked anyway, restarted the laptop and yippee we have wifi. Thanks a lot. :rock:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm trying to use a work laptop and can't even get started.... grrr

What does the following mean and how do I get round it....?

“There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request”

Your (or the userid you are using) lease to login to the servers has expired and it will have to be returned to IT to refresh :thumbsup: Or perhaps the laptop's logon rights itself I can never remember :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here