Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sky Reporting Corbyn paid to spy on Britain

larus

I wonder if those who are so quick to complain about the ‘Right-Wing’ press or the ‘rabid, right-wing posters’ were so quick to question the newspaper reports about CMD and the pig head?

I wonder if those screaming their indignation about this were also ridiculing on the other thread.

And, if both of these stories are true, which one whole have more serious implications for someone’s suitability for PM?

It seems that so many posters want to use newspaper reports to support their own views, but are quick to denigrate anything as fake news/propaganda which questions their position.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Typical Tories clutching at straws

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I never understand it when I read things like this. It’s complete rubbish. If you took a cross-section of the views on NSC I would wager it is the most left-leaning football messageboard in the country.

Look at the thread about Tom Daley- the vast majority of posters are in support of him and are taking the piss out of the old dinosaurs who have a problem with it. Do you think that would happen on Burnley’s messageboard? Or Millwall’s? Or 99% of others?

Quite old fashioned views you have of Burnley and Millwall fans.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I never understand it when I read things like this. It’s complete rubbish. If you took a cross-section of the views on NSC I would wager it is the most left-leaning football messageboard in the country.

Look at the thread about Tom Daley- the vast majority of posters are in support of him and are taking the piss out of the old dinosaurs who have a problem with it. Do you think that would happen on Burnley’s messageboard? Or Millwall’s? Or 99% of others?

100% true.

But, equally, we'd be a poorer board if it wasn't for opposing views. Although there are certain looney views I'd be more than happy to see the back of.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wonder if those who are so quick to complain about the ‘Right-Wing’ press or the ‘rabid, right-wing posters’ were so quick to question the newspaper reports about CMD and the pig head?

I wonder if those screaming their indignation about this were also ridiculing on the other thread.

And, if both of these stories are true, which one whole have more serious implications for someone’s suitability for PM?

It seems that so many posters want to use newspaper reports to support their own views, but are quick to denigrate anything as fake news/propaganda which questions their position.

What if they are both lies? Who is spreading the most awful lies?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Back in the day he was a serial rebel Labour back bencher and as such I would presume he would not have been able to access any information useful to the Warsaw Pact.

Quite, I can't begin to imagine what secret information he'd got hold of that the Czechs didn't know about.

Those of us with longer memories will remember a Soviet defector had 'proof' that Harold Wilson was a Russian spy. That story was complete twaddle as well.

Murdoch must be running very scared ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Could be? If it was true, it would be way past ending a political career, it's the worst offence against our country. I assume it's not true though.

Well, if it was reported by Sky it must be true, mustn't it? Right, I'm off to the Amex to watch our January signing Moussa Dembele ...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If this was a few hundred years ago, and if found guilty of treason, he would have been hung, drawn and quartered. Very messy.

To be fair, quite a few people on here still live in the past so it's kinda relevant.

larus

What if they are both lies? Who is spreading the most awful lies?

I have no idea. I’m sure there is a degree of ‘truth’ to both stories, but it’s the way these things get extrapolated and insinuations made which then leads to the way a lot of people view things. I.e. they see the sensationalist headline and not the actual facts, or these come from an ‘un-named source’.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Blimey. So we've got IRA sympathisers passing secrets to Russian spies on one-side, and corporate henchmen stashing all their cash overseas, supporting banks and businesses to pay no tax whilst destroying public services on the other.

One wonders why so many people were desperate to 'return power to Westminster'? When you compare our lot to statesmen like Michel Barnier its really amazing the referendum wasn't about handing over all responsibility for our country to the EU :lol:

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Correct , NSC much more liberal and left wing than any other message board

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have no idea. I’m sure there is a degree of ‘truth’ to both stories, but it’s the way these things get extrapolated and insinuations made which then leads to the way a lot of people view things. I.e. they see the sensationalist headline and not the actual facts, or these come from an ‘un-named source’.

You seemed to have an idea of which would be the most damaging to a would be prime minister, if true, I am surprised then you can't pick the worst if it were untrue.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The bloke hates Great Britain it’s no surprise he has been linked to such allegations! The sooner David Miliband returns to these shores the better.

He will rescue the Labour Party from the extreme left and make the party a credible opposition again and indeed an alternative to the current shower of shit IC of our great nation!

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Why am I not surprised. You can never trust a Marxist, especially with the economy and the defense of our country. Hope all the useful idiots that voted for Corbyn and his sinister henchmen feel suitable embarrassment at their stupidity ��

Forgive me if, like others, I wait for a little more information rather than trust that hateful rag. A simply moronic comment

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here