• Want

Votes: 82 58.2%
  • Don't want

Votes: 59 41.8%

• Total voters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Couldn't agree more.

Extend that principal to the thumbs UP as well, and we'll really be cooking with gas. If you agree with someone, or you like the jib of their post, then quote it and say something. Or if there's really nothing to add, then just nod sagely to yourself in quiet approval and move on.

I dunno why we have to collect all these thumbings. A notification of a thumb is always a bit of a letdown. I much prefer a quote, even if its someone calling me a dickhead.

Ya Facking Dickhead.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Have there been lots of users requesting the thumbs down?

We have been down this route before. We have had them with TD, without TD, with neither, with both again, then dropped TD, and then brought it back.

And why give the users who disagree with something the chance to not have to explain why they disagree?

Just seems like a negative change and without a valid reason. What are your reasons for the change now?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think people will be a little more balanced in their opinions if the thumbs down is there.

More likely to bring out the child stalker in some users. NSC has been running quite smoothly since they were taken down. If someone disagrees with a comment they should explain or give reasons why because discussion is what drives the forum.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree, quoting and adding "this" is a bit pointless. Either quote your agreement and actually make your own point, or just carry on regardless. Surely not everything needs acknowledging.

Yes, but there might not be a point to make, just an agreement. If we were all sitting round talking, and you said something like, "I think CH is doing a good job" the rest of us would nod or murmur some sort of 'uh-huh' to indicate our agreement - and that is pretty much the function of a thumbsup button.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
@Bozza Have there been lots of users requesting the thumbs down?

We have been down this route before. We have had them with TD, without TD, with neither, with both again, then dropped TD, and then brought it back.

And why give the users who disagree with something the chance to not have to explain why they disagree?

Just seems like a negative change and without a valid reason. What are your reasons for the change now?

Post #7; 90-odd minutes before your post. Why read a few posts before posting when there's always the option of leaping in without seeing if your question has already been addressed? That's my motto anyway. *Nods*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ya Facking Dickhead.

:lolol: Surprised it took that long

Yes, but there might not be a point to make, just an agreement. If we were all sitting round talking, and you said something like, "I think CH is doing a good job" the rest of us would nod or murmur some sort of 'uh-huh' to indicate our agreement - and that is pretty much the function of a thumbsup button.

Oh I get it. It just feels...pointless to me.

NSC survived for years without thumbs and was none the worse for it. I'm the same on Twitter and FB. I never "like" stuff. I either reply if I feel moved to, or share/retweet if I think its worth it, or I just leave it and move on. Guess I'm in the minority.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interestingly, the vote here is strongly in favour of the return of the thumbsdown button (a lot more decisive than the EU poll anyway!) - but nearly all the posts in this thread (and supported by thumbsups) seem to be broadly in favour of not having a thumbsdown button (except on special occasions, maybe).
Any chance of making it into a public poll, so we can see who is in favour, or alternatively, can one or more of the 'yes pleasers' come on and post some reasons why they favour its return?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sometimes I can be a bit of a tit, and it does me no harm to know so. Therefore I'm in favour of it.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I like both.... it actually makes me chuckle seeing the thumbs down themes from certain posters, no matter what you post.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Post #7; 90-odd minutes before your post. Why read a few posts before posting when there's always the option of leaping in without seeing if your question has already been addressed? That's my motto anyway. *Nods*

I am inbetween doing other things, so I scanned and missed it. All Bozza says though is See the Skalak thread, which means I will probably have to read a load bullshit to understand why they have been brought back. A direct answer is more useful than a go find it for yourself one.

I am inbetween doing other things, so I scanned and missed it. All Bozza says though is See the Skalak thread, which means I will probably have to read a load bullshit to understand why they have been brought back. A direct answer is more useful than a go find it for yourself one.

NSC's Wealthiest poster (self proclaimed) talking bollox about Skalak being basically shit prompted a request for the return of the Thumbs down feature.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sometimes I can be a bit of a tit, and it does me no harm to know so. Therefore I'm in favour of it.

Surely you would like someone to explain why they think you are a tit as there may be several points in a post. You are then in a position, after quiet reflection, to consider that, on the balance of probabilities, they were right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here