Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
22:53 at Hove Park for me. Around 90 secs improvement over a few weeks ago so pleased with that. A further two mins would bring me back to where I was pre- Christmas.
Is that time good enough for the B team [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] or am I relegation fodder?

First run with runBrighton tomorrow- anyone else joined the summer course?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
22:53 at Hove Park for me. Around 90 secs improvement over a few weeks ago so pleased with that. A further two mins would bring me back to where I was pre- Christmas.
Is that time good enough for the B team [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] or am I relegation fodder?

First run with runBrighton tomorrow- anyone else joined the summer course?

I was unable to get near that on a flatter course today. You've cemented your place in the B team with the easy first leg, if B team agrees. I'm inked in for leg 4 with team C. That's why I wanted the promotion but I hit the ceiling today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Parkun DNF for me........great first mile and a half, then got horrendous stitch and couldn't run. Waited for junior who was also doing it then jogged to the finish with him but avoided collecting a barcode as it would have been embarrassing.

Rarely get stitch but it was horrible.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I haven't had it since 1972. Not pleasant. Sure you'll be knocking off at least 10 miles tomorrow.

I'd have notched up the barcode personally. Everyone counts and I'm only about 170 behind [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I haven't had it since 1972. Not pleasant. Sure you'll be knocking off at least 10 miles tomorrow.

I'd have notched up the barcode personally. Everyone counts and I'm only about 170 behind [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]

Yep, planning on about 12 miles on the Downs......

Parkruns are jus benchmark time trials for me, so when it goes tits up there's no point checking in. I don't need any more tee shirts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Managed 8 miles myself - on the Downs! Yes, I abandoned my traditional seafront track and essentially did one large hill repeat up to the Dyke and back via Benfield Valley using the route [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] roughly specced out a summer or two ago.

Great fun, frustratingly slow (don't normally have to do gates, steep banks, horses and dogs but was kind of social, everyone says good morning in the countryside) and wonderful on my knees. No pain at all as I type. Will be doing again.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1030941523

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Managed 8 miles myself - on the Downs! Yes, I abandoned my traditional seafront track and essentially did one large hill repeat up to the Dyke and back via Benfield Valley using the route [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] roughly specced out a summer or two ago.

Great fun, frustratingly slow (don't normally have to do gates, steep banks, horses and dogs but was kind of social, everyone says good morning in the countryside) and wonderful on my knees. No pain at all as I type. Will be doing again.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1030941523

Welcome to the club. Don't worry about your mins per mile, will anything up to (or worse than) a couple of mins per mile slower than you're used to. Better for building strength, better for avoiding injury and your recovery time/experience will tons better.......

We're so lucky here to have such fantastic running territory on our doorstep.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Reminded me that the Weakest Link relay is 2 weeks today. Time to check out the teams. If anyone can't do it let us know. We have [MENTION=1561]lost in london[/MENTION] ready to step in as first reserve. The teams are NOT ordered by times or Leg to be run. Order of leg run is down to each team. Usually fastest runner last and slowest runner first but current form, injuries and shitting out may change that.

The super ego team is [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]

The ego team is [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION]

The wooden spoon team is [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] (?) [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]

The super egos are streets ahead of the egos at the moment. So team is set. [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] , however, are fighting for the first leg in the ego team rather than the last two in the wooden spoon team. My recent best is 23:26 which puts [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] well ahead but a decent run in the next 10 days means I could get promotion. So Simgull watch your back and BEs brother let us know your current times.
Here's the link http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

Mr Banana has work commitments. This is a dilemma as the super egos really need a sub 20 replacement and the B team don't cut the mustard on current form to step up. Anyone know a sub 20 replacement? [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] mentioned he had a few in mind but didn't mention times.

B team is raring to go and C team should be ok but waiting on injury to [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] and work commitment for @GB. We have replacements for these.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Mr Banana has work commitments. This is a dilemma as the super egos really need a sub 20 replacement and the B team don't cut the mustard on current form to step up. Anyone know a sub 20 replacement? [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] mentioned he had a few in mind but didn't mention times.

B team is raring to go and C team should be ok but waiting on injury to [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION] and work commitment for @GB. We have replacements for these.

Love these updates - and I'm not even involved.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Sorry about this mate. I am gutted.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

If we have replacements lined up then let's promote from the stiffs!

It will give them much needed big race experience and they'll learn lots from running with the Super Ego's.

I'm just going to go out for a run now. Haven't run since Tuesday but had a bucket full of booze last night in Stockholm so it will be pretty slow.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
I too have recently discovered the joys of trail running having previously focused on the seafront and Hove Park. Below is a route I often take which works out as pretty much as exact half from my house. Bit tough in the heat yesterday afternoon so the time suffered but amazing views and incredibly satisfying...

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Screenshot_2017-06-11-19-10-43.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here