Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday?

D

Deleted member 22389

Some felt sure they could land Dunk, Knocky, I don't think they understand that we are now up there with them, history counts for nothing, we are not little old Brighton anymore, and a lot of the reason we get these players is because of our facilities, and players like the area.

I also don't think they understand that Dunk is also one of our own, and if he goes anywhere it will be the Premier League for a lot of money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Ha ha, no I'm not. But glad you accepted my tongue-in-cheek post as I intended it to be received. Personally, I don't think Wednesday will be in the promotion mix-up this season. The blueprint for a non-parachute club is Middlesborough, and I think that the Seagulls conform to that model far more closely than the Owls do. It was a good performance from Brighton today, founded on solid defensive play. An area where Wednesday are lacking.

Good point about Mid'boro showing that it can be done. I think at some stage the whole issues of parachute payments needs to be looked at. they were originally intended to soften the blow of relegation with contracts that had to be honoured despite lower rates of income, but we see now clubs using it to spend out. Perhaps lower payments will come? However, had the Albion or the Owls gone up last year, I imagine we would have said something like -they have had it for years, and so why shouldn't we get the millions. Such is life.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No, but I was at the Amex last week which is further to travel as I have a ST. With no game for two weeks and a 3.00 p.m game on a Sat which is easily done in one day I was just a little disappointed in the turn out.

OK fair enough if you do travel. I think perhaps what might also have figured in the fans' minds, was that we are going to lose there, as we always do, or get a draw at best, and we are not paying out to see it. . To my shame, I was fully expecting a defeat, given Sheff Wed's recent resurgence of form. .I do appreciate how you feel -many years ago I used to go regularly to away games and can also recall being disappointed at the turn-out. It is just that there will always be other demands on folk, not the least being money. time and family. Have a safe journey down on the 15th.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gülmek

596a1611813d134bcabed3e95d876cb4.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
..... but I can't believe this is a moderator! I thought that was a grown up job![/QUOTE]

Are you new here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here