Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one ?? England on TV

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
So all of those people taking great delight in England playing poorly, I presume you don't do the same when Albion have a bad game. Don't see the difference. You can't change the country you support any more than you'd change your club. England are average at the moment, but why do so many people on here take such delight in it? You can't all be Scottish?

I want England to implode so badly that there is nothing left of the team. Then the corruption, perversion and old boy network at the FA will
die away literally and we can start again.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The way Norway are playing at the moment i wouldn't be surprised if San Marino score a rare goal tonight. Something like 3/1(both teams to score).

Good shout. I hope you had some pie n mash on! :clap2:

All tonight's results were a bookies dream though. Didn't get close with anything.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Going to watch Hastings Utd v Margate in FA Cup replay. If Saturday's England game is anything to go by it will be a better game at the Pilot Field tonight.

Hastings lost 2-1 aet. Good game. 530 in attendance. Just going to watch the England highlights.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Southgate is an all-out simpleton. He is distrusted by everyone in senior coaching at the FA. Very similar situation to when McClaren was in charge. But it is widely known that he is on a long and lucrative contract, so the oblivious hierachy probably want to appoint him as a yes man if they can. Hence willing england to lose tonight. A draw will do. Someone with spirit must come in.

yeah but who?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
yeah but who?

Gus. **** it, why not. He'll be out of a job at Betis soon enough, and you can't deny he's a FLAIRtastic gobshite, and can't be any worse than the beige spunktrumpet that's currently in charge.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's in for at least two further games and so he'll have his chance. I would be very happy for him to turn it round but past performances tells me he won't. I cannot believe how bad we were. Tactically we were hopeless. We went to Slovenia and played a very defensive game at which we were crap. Our strength would have been fast quick ball but Southgate had us playing slow predictable football which Slovinia lapped up. Shocking!
I'd go for the smug ba$tard at bmouth.
It's hilarious how people think that changing our manager is suddenly going to turn an average bunch of players into....... well, y'know a slightly better set of average players.

We're not very good and we bring on a Palace player to try to change the game. Which says it all.

Give Southgate the job and a four year contract. Our ONLY hope is some sort of organisation and continuity to make a TEAM out of a shambles.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's hilarious how people think that changing our manager is suddenly going to turn an average bunch of players into....... well, y'know a slightly better set of average players.

We're not very good and we bring on a Palace player to try to change the game. Which says it all.

Give Southgate the job and a four year contract. Our ONLY hope is some sort of organisation and continuity to make a TEAM out of a shambles.

I disagree here, we have good players not average and we have a succession of managers who have failed to produce a team that is equal to or better than the sum of its parts. I hasten to add that this task is nigh on impossible as so many things have to change before we start producing.

I would recommend 50 years of hurt, Henry Winter's book on the subject,I am finding it very interesting (although it doesn't really tell us much we don't already know).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have decided to follow the lead of certain players. If they can do it, then so can I. I would like to announce my retirement from watching England football.

haha that didn't take long.

If my post Malta negativity had anything to do with it I don't know whether I should be happy or sad :lol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

It's hilarious that anyone believes Southgate is capable of delivering success as England manager. This is the man who decided to send out a very defensive team to play Slovenia who are ranked 4th worse team in the group .... after Scotland! That is unforgivable, as is not changing it when clearly it wasn't working. Tactically he is clueless, which shouldn't surprise any of us considering how he did at boro.

We have young players who are capable its just need the right leadership and someone who has more tactical nouse than our previous managers.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I didn't think it was that bad a result. Ignore the rankings, for me Slovenia are the true second seeds in that group. A team full of La Liga and Serie A regulars and with the injuries we had, I'd have taken a draw away to them. Not denying we were shite yet again though,

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thank goodness I didn't waste a second of my time watching that.

It would be great if a bunch of English players could play to their full potential.

I'd also like to see more youngsters loaned out to foreign teams. And let's get more English talent into the Barca academy as well as fighting to get into the Man City one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pick the side from outside of the Premier League until they sort themselves out. Can you REALLY say that Dale Stephens would have played any worse than Dier or Henderson last night? Murray would also have done a better job than Sturridge up top, thinking about it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Good shout. I hope you had some pie n mash on! :clap2:

All tonight's results were a bookies dream though. Didn't get close with anything.

Cheers. Not this time. When I do bet I'm not too bad at picking out outside situations. Though 9 times out of 10 fall flat on my face with lesser odds bets in my accas. Such is life.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So all of those people taking great delight in England playing poorly, I presume you don't do the same when Albion have a bad game. Don't see the difference. You can't change the country you support any more than you'd change your club. England are average at the moment, but why do so many people on here take such delight in it? You can't all be Scottish?

I wouldn't say I take delight in it, just I have near to zero interest in the national team.

To me it is completely different to the Albion, because I have a connection to that group of players, who play together on a regular basis. I watch them live and spend money to do so. I have so little interest in watching a load of second rate (thanks to all of the foreign imports and years of little investment in grass roots football) PL players who don't seem interested because they might get injured and that could affect their income.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Gus. **** it, why not. He'll be out of a job at Betis soon enough, and you can't deny he's a FLAIRtastic gobshite, and can't be any worse than the beige spunktrumpet that's currently in charge.

could you not see clear to give it a go yourself?
say £500 bags p.a. saving the fa about £3mill which could be spent on kiddies all weather pitches.
work about 10 weeks a year; watch a prem game each week, arrive 10 mins late, leave 10 early, cos you're so flippin important.
just a thought you lazy bugger

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
could you not see clear to give it a go yourself?
say £500 bags p.a. saving the fa about £3mill which could be spent on kiddies all weather pitches.
work about 10 weeks a year; watch a prem game each week, arrive 10 mins late, leave 10 early, cos you're so flippin important.
just a thought you lazy bugger

I'm game. Where do I sign???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here