Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I thought the FFP limit for that season was £8M loss?

It was. We also lost 10m that year, but not all of it came under the FFP rules, so I assume the same applies to Bournemouth.

I also read this morning that they are planning on spending the majority of their windfall on players to secure their PL status. Good luck with that. Also means that there will be some decent players moved aside, so some scraps to be picked up by us maybe?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It was. We also lost 10m that year, but not all of it came under the FFP rules, so I assume the same applies to Bournemouth.

I also read this morning that they are planning on spending the majority of their windfall on players to secure their PL status. Good luck with that. Also means that there will be some decent players moved aside, so some scraps to be picked up by us maybe?
What a sad thought, hoping to land Bournemouth's scraps :(

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
I would be a little nervous if their owner gets bored and takes his money out at the end of next season.

Unlikely, I reckon. The new mega-money TV deal kicks in in 2016-17, so you'd imagine he'd throw the sink at trying to stay up. Mind you, so will the usual suspects in the bottom half of the Premier League.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Happy Christmas Eddie

hc.JPG

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Feel a bit sorry for them (yeah right), that of their first 8 fixtures, only Liverpool away could be considered a remotely eye catching one for their fans. I guess gives them a chance to get a few points on the board early.

But as you say, December makes up for it!!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Seen the run in?

Spurs away
City home
Villa away
Liverpool home
Chelsea home
Everton away
WBA home
United away

I think we may need some points on the board early!! Really weird seeing us in there, I'm hopefully going to try for about 8 ish away matches if lucky..

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Seen the run in?

Spurs away
City home
Villa away
Liverpool home
Chelsea home
Everton away
WBA home
United away

I think we may need some points on the board early!! Really weird seeing us in there, I'm hopefully going to try for about 8 ish away matches if lucky..

I predict that you'll get points off Spurs and Liverpool, both of whom will be imploding by that point. Everton and Baggies will be on the beach.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Seen the run in?

Spurs away
City home
Villa away
Liverpool home
Chelsea home
Everton away
WBA home
United away

Good luck and try and enjoy the ride!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Cheers. Absolutely not a ******* clue as to how we are going to do, I think the pacey counter attack is going to be used, after signing king and Atsu. Need another CB and midfielder too.

Not a ST holder, so aiming for 5-10 away games. Thankfully ST holders don't get first dibs on the away tickets in the points scheme. Going to be interesting!

Jan 30, 2008
Cheers. Absolutely not a ******* clue as to how we are going to do, I think the pacey counter attack is going to be used, after signing king and Atsu. Need another CB and midfielder too.

Not a ST holder, so aiming for 5-10 away games. Thankfully ST holders don't get first dibs on the away tickets in the points scheme. Going to be interesting!

who cares, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :shrug:
regards
DR

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You have had the best season in your history and in style too. You are in for a hell of a ride, I remember the buzz when we did much the same as Bournemouth, coming out of Division Three, consolidating and then going up the next year with a quality settled side. We got thumped 4-0 by Arsenal at the Goldstone in our first game but went on to survive and I loved that season. Got a bit dull afterwards being the whipping boys but at least you have massive parachute payments if it all goes wrong. I'd much rather be in your position this season than ours. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Tinpot Bournemouth in the Premier League, who'd have thunk it :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here