Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town - a joke

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If you went today then I can only apologise for what you had to endure.
We have the worst squad of players the club has seen in years.Im sorry to say that the ride is over and the beginning of our slide back to the conference has finally arrived.We have had a great 3 years and the memory's will always be there.Its sad to see it crumbling away like this,but deep down the 2000 hard core supporters always knew the day would some day come.
We just haven't been able to get the support needed.Its hard because Crawley is still so emotionally connected to the Capital and it's football clubs that these people just haven't been enticed by Crawley Town.
The club tried engaging West Sussex,but that's been a waste of time,Crawley has never really been accepted by Sussex in all the years since the new town was built, so the team had no hope there.
Mind you,the dross John Gregory has served up so far will see the crowds drop away even more.I need a drink.

Do you not rate your chances of remaining in League Two? I've never liked Crawley (Horshamite to the core :wink:) but it does make me sad to hear this.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I went to the game ...shocking ....people behind me had decided that vincenti playing for Rochdale was the "Vicente that played for brighton " ..I just couldn't correct them .

What a bunch of idiots, can't even tell the difference between Vincente and Vincenti, what has the world come to?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Crawley town fc consist of people just from Crawley and just cannot draw people from outside of Crawley ...

Also most the people who live in Crawley aren't from Crawley and don't give to hoots about Crawley Fc,
it's a shame and I hope they can stay in league 1.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Crawley town fc consist of people just from Crawley and just cannot draw people from outside of Crawley ...

Also most the people who live in Crawley aren't from Crawley and don't give to hoots about Crawley Fc,
it's a shame and I hope they can stay in league 1.

I used to work with a bloke from Crawley and he was keen on football. But he had no time for Crawley Town as his team was ... Oakwood.

That's what happens when a small team gets much bigger, I guess - old rivalries from non-league times can persist. It's happened to some degree with Eastbourne Borough ... the club hasn't pulled in as many fans as might have been assumed, because it wasn't that long ago that the old Langney Sports were playing against Town, United, Hailsham et al and supporters of those clubs won't switch allegiances.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tin pot team has tin pot ticketing operation, who knew? Could have simply gone along to the ticket office if you'd actually wanted to go to the game rather than making a completely irrelevant moan/look at me thread on NSC.

Calling them Tin Pot is harsh, they've come a long way

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What a bunch of idiots, can't even tell the difference between Vincente and Vincenti, what has the world come to?

Clue: Only one is able to play in the winter months.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Calling them Tin Pot is harsh, they've come a long way

Come a long way yes but I highly doubt their ticketing department has changed much beyond what it was 5 years ago, and why would it? But more importantly why does that make a blind bit of difference and why on earth is it worth starting a thread over?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why would you want to go and watch them anyway? As far as I was aware they have a real chip on their shoulder about Brighton and a pretty firm affiliation with Palace.
This. Sadly too muc
h bile against us in Crawley. Much better fun to be hsd got w

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I used to work with a bloke from Crawley and he was keen on football. But he had no time for Crawley Town as his team was ... Oakwood.

That's what happens when a small team gets much bigger, I guess - old rivalries from non-league times can persist. It's happened to some degree with Eastbourne Borough ... the club hasn't pulled in as many fans as might have been assumed, because it wasn't that long ago that the old Langney Sports were playing against Town, United, Hailsham et al and supporters of those clubs won't switch allegiances.

I don't know about Borough. They can pull crowds when it comes to it. I think if they were a league club they could easily pull 3-5000 a week. They've had 2000+ crowds a few times in the Conference Premier.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Tin pot team has tin pot ticketing operation, who knew? Could have simply gone along to the ticket office if you'd actually wanted to go to the game rather than making a completely irrelevant moan/look at me thread on NSC.

Hardly as pathetic as constantly prowling NSC criticising others in a pathetic attempt to make yourself sound like you have a bit of a life.

Get out a bit, get yourself a girlfriend. Ah, apologies, I forgot, don't you have 'four on the go' or something.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disappointing for Crawley, but in terms of catchment League 2 / Conference is probably nearer their natural level.

If they despise Brighton so much as some suggest, I would have thought more of their 'support' would have turned up for the 'friendly', but the attendance was dominated by Brighton fans.

Gregory is not a particularly good manager and it isn't helped by the way he comes across.....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hardly as pathetic as constantly prowling NSC criticising others in a pathetic attempt to make yourself sound like you have a bit of a life.

Get out a bit, get yourself a girlfriend. Ah, apologies, I forgot, don't you have 'four on the go' or something.

:lolol:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Where's this 2000 hardcore come from ?Apart from the year they won The Conference they weren't getting anywhere near 2000.

I used to watch them in the old Southern League, and attendances of 1600 were not unusual then. They certainly do have a hardcore support of a decent amount but that's it unfortunately

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton are now trying to increase the support now that the honeymoon period is over and the way to do this is get the results right on the field and yes little things like improving catering will help but in the end it's how we play and we do have good fan base but we still suffer from being to close to London, I wish Creepy Crawley well there should be room for two clubs in Sussex hope you survive this season.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Come a long way yes but I highly doubt their ticketing department has changed much beyond what it was 5 years ago, and why would it? But more importantly why does that make a blind bit of difference and why on earth is it worth starting a thread over?

Well, you've certainly put more effort into slagging the bloke off than he put into starting the thread.

I've often thought about checking out a Crawley game. Mostly because I like to check out stadiums (no matter how tin pot as I'm sure you will say).

The threads been quite useful for me!

One final thought, some of the doom mongers on NSC actually stated that Crawley had a better squad than us this season. I laughed then and I laugh even more whole heatedly now...he he

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well, you've certainly put more effort into slagging the bloke off than he put into starting the thread.

I've often thought about checking out a Crawley game. Mostly because I like to check out stadiums (no matter how tin pot as I'm sure you will say).

The threads been quite useful for me!

One final thought, some of the doom mongers on NSC actually stated that Crawley had a better squad than us this season. I laughed then and I laugh even more whole heatedly now...he he

Shit argument, just because one person found a thread useful (and only indirectly) doesn't justify he starting of the thread.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Shit argument, just because one person found a thread useful (and only indirectly) doesn't justify he starting of the thread.

Why not. A thread was started if it did not interest you why did you come on with your usual snide remarks when posters start a thread you do not like. Happens quite regular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here