Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk brought back too soon

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If Dunk is fit he has to start.

He was at fault for the second goal, you could argue credit to him for trying to be positive and play the ball under pressure but sometimes it is safety first and just stick it in Row Z.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I too was surprised he started but that was because Chailey insisted he'd be back after the international break.

That’s funny then SB because I quoted on that rather useful injuries thread that Hughton said on Thursday that Dunk “might not train Friday, but not ruled out [for Fulham]”.

Wasn’t really picked up by anyone at the time but it was quite a big clue from Hughton.

PS I agree with you. Having a poor game , which he did, is the not the same as not being fit, which there was no doubt he was.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I’m not for one minute implying Dunk has become shit overnight so you can get that idea out of your head ! And is Mitrovic any more of a monster than Lukaku - I don’t think so somehow.

Lukaku isn’t anywhere the handful that Mitrovic is. Balogun is unlikely to have faced players like that in his career so sticking Dunk back in makes sense. Is it more likely the case that Mitrovic was excellent rather than Dunk being crap/unfit/under par?

My comment about becoming shit over night was partly tongue in cheek, driven by the meltdown by a fair number on this board after the Watford game, who wanted stalwarts from last year dropped and the new signings played.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Everybody has a 'keep the shirt' policy except Davy, Dale, Dunk & Duffy.
They are the foundation this team is built on.

Surely Maty Ryan is included in that too? I can’t see him being left out of the team after the Asia Cup, regardless of how well Button does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here