Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The single worst refereeing decision you've seen at the Amex

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Probably Ashley Barnes getting sent off against Burnley. Regardless of replays, I still maintain he landed on someone by accident thus not a Red.

Also that foul on Billy Sharp at the Doncaster game when the Amex opened one of ours got off fairly lightly, did he not?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That's how I saw, and still, see it. If Barnes hadn't jumped in the first place, the tackle coming in from McCann would've been a leg breaker. It was a studs up, two footed lung.
Seething about that,McCann had his hands around Barnes throat,the ref raised the red card,which I thought was for McCann..but it was for Barnes...a real miscarriage of justice...if I had to name the refs...at Withdean No1 villian was Prosser...at the Amex Pawson for the Burnley game D'Urso doesn't come out shining either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Burnley again, but last season where their keeper cynically took Buckley out in a text book 'denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity' (yes, there was a defender there, but he was the wrong side of the keeper to have a chance of getting to the ball or the goal before Buckley).

Then following it up with the ridiculous second yellow for supposedly touching the ball after releasing it despite the fact a) it touched buckley, b) keepers are allowed a bounce.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Another dodgy Bournemouth penalty outside the box at Withdean deserves a mention, purely because it was yet another gift by a ref to Bournemouth and robbed us of two points.

I know the thread says Amex decisions but...

Maybe we'll be the beneficiary of a dodgy penalty tomorrow. Would we let a forward take it? :lolol:

Wasn't it the lino's decision? It was worth mentioning even though it was at the Withdean as it was legendary poor. Up there with Prosser.

However either this weekend's game has been moved to a Friday night or you think it's Friday night now.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's no coincidence that Eddie Howe teams seem to benefit from a lot of extremely dubious decisions in their favour. No doubt we'll see another display of diving, cheating and niggly fouls from Bournemouth tomorrow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
10.45 on this video for everyone saying the Barnes tackle - appalling challenge, if that was the other way round we'd have gone mental. Clear red card, the fact it was 12 minutes in and we were already down to ten men seem to be clouding people's judgement.

The 'neutral' BBC and Sky reporters at the game also thought it was the Burnley player being sent off, not just the Brighton fans.

It's not the replay lying, it is you drawing one conclusion from it. Many of the fans who argue Barnes should not have seen red for that challenge (I am one of them) are also basing their decision on the replays (as well as seeing it live in a lot of cases).

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The 'neutral' BBC and Sky reporters at the game also thought it was the Burnley player being sent off, not just the Brighton fans.

Oh granted, the Burnley player should have been sent off too for his reaction. You can't grab someone by the throat, let alone when they're on the floor (albeit if someone had just tried to decapitate me, I might have done a similar thing) but it doesn't change the fact Barnes' tackle was over the ball and dangerous and consequently, a straight red card.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh granted, the Burnley player should have been sent off too for his reaction. You can't grab someone by the throat, let alone when they're on the floor (albeit if someone had just tried to decapitate me, I might have done a similar thing) but it doesn't change the fact Barnes' tackle was over the ball and dangerous and consequently, a straight red card.

I disagree. I saw it live, I've seen replays, I've watch that video above to refresh. He jumps, yes, but lands before the player, who slides in to him. The "over the ball" foot was not going to come down on the player until Barnes' standing leg was collided with by the Burnley player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How could he be trying to decapitate him, when you said earlier he nearly took the bloke's legs off?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also that foul on Billy Sharp at the Doncaster game when the Amex opened one of ours got off fairly lightly, did he not?
Don't think it was a red, just one of those things where someone got injured (Dunk, by the way).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here