Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would you rather have on the bench v Leicester?

Who would you rather have on the bench v Leicester?

• Jurgen Locadia

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • Aaron Connolly

Votes: 108 68.4%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So a striker with multiple Dutch international honours who was a regular for one of the big 3 clubs in Holland, or a kid who admittedly has just played really well and scored 3, but against a league two side in a nothing competition.

I think I'll let Sir Chris decide.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh great Connolly is the new March / Forster-Caskey / Robinson /

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Connolly travelled to Cardiff with the first team so cant be far off.

Didn't Tilley travel with the first team squad a couple of times at the back end of CHs first season with us? He seems further off now than he was then.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
So a striker with multiple Dutch international honours who was a regular for one of the big 3 clubs in Holland, or a kid who admittedly has just played really well and scored 3, but against a league two side in a nothing competition.

I think I'll let Sir Chris decide.

Could do but he will have a mountain to climb.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Locadia for the time being. Hughton clearly sees something in him, so we need to keep trying to make it work to recoup our investment. Connolly's time will come.

Edit: Just seen the score from last night. Maybe he should be rewarded with a place in the squad.

So to summarise, I'm not sure.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Locadia is a better bet, he just needs game time not a few minutes here and there

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Was a pity there were only a handful of brighton fans to see last nights game , i'm sure the very strong MK defence line up will never want to play against him any time soon , if there are any highlights of this watch out for goal 3 , he's actually hobbling around seconds before ! he was exceptional last night along with Normann who looks class at this level , Gyokeres had a very good game again and we were unlucky not to bag another goal or 2 at the end , in all honesty iv'e seen Locadia 3 times and Connolly 5 times and i know who i would want on the bench if we needed a goal in a hurry , time will tell but it wouldn't suprise me to see him in the squad again v Leicester , on merit .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We are in a PL survival competition, no time to see whether players might, if played in the right position and a following wind, give it a bash.

From visual evidence so far, I would give Connolly a run.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sounds fair enough, I'd go for the kid.

That is just my opinion, of course - I fully realise it is CH who will make the decision (and sadly I think I can guess what that will be).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

That is just my opinion, of course - I fully realise it is CH who will make the decision (and sadly I think I can guess what that will be).

He may prove to be an excellent player and if he is then I suspect he'll get his chance, so apologies for allowing a few facts to get in the way of this Connolly wankfest but:

* He wasn't all that great against Luton in that same nothing competition.
* He's made one first team appearance - against a second string Southampton team. We failed to score. At home.
* There is a reason why our pretty decent scouting network saw fit to pay £17m for Locadia. I'm not saying we don't have duds or that Locadia has come close to justifying that price tag, but what makes anyone think a kid with 3 "first team" (loosely) appearances to his name is ready to step up to the Premier league.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He'll pick the kid if he thinks he is good enough. Simple as that really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He may prove to be an excellent player and if he is then I suspect he'll get his chance, so apologies for allowing a few facts to get in the way of this Connolly wankfest but:

* He wasn't all that great against Luton in that same nothing competition.
* He's made one first team appearance - against a second string Southampton team. We failed to score. At home.
* There is a reason why our pretty decent scouting network saw fit to pay £17m for Locadia. I'm not saying we don't have duds or that Locadia has come close to justifying that price tag, but what makes anyone think a kid with 3 "first team" (loosely) appearances to his name is ready to step up to the Premier league.
We paid £17M (was it that much?) for Locadia in order to give Murray a kick up the arse to go on a goal-scoring spree and keep us in the PL. On balance, therefore, it was probably worth it.

Citing two games in which Connolly didn't score is hardly reason for discounting his 15 goals already this season. I know CH will decide, and I can guess what he'll decide, but that won't change my opinion. Go on Chris - seize the moment!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We paid £17M (was it that much?) for Locadia in order to give Murray a kick up the arse to go on a goal-scoring spree and keep us in the PL. On balance, therefore, it was probably worth it.

Citing two games in which Connolly didn't score is hardly reason for discounting his 15 goals already this season. I know CH will decide, and I can guess what he'll decide, but that won't change my opinion. Go on Chris - seize the moment!
I know someone who's scored a hat full this season. Alright, it's in the Redhill & District Sunday Football League but would you like me to give Sir Chris his number?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its all a bit flavour of the month isn't it ...people were calling for Gyokeres (?) and now the other chap.....right now Locadia for me

In addition lets not forget that CH gave Gyokeres the nod at Cardiff and played him in the C Cup earlier in the season..is he higher up the pecking list than Connelly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here