Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxing Day v Arsenal, trains.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I fully accept and understand that but my point is do we NEED to break with tradition for the pounds .. I can understand a lower league team needing to but we have ample opportunity to be on TV for the money, so no need to sell our soles.

We get about £100m per season to be on Sky. How long do you think we'd last in the PL if we couldn't spend that sort of money?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We get about £100m per season to be on Sky. How long do you think we'd last in the PL if we couldn't spend that sort of money?

So that puts us completely at their beck and call. Could we not say that we would rather not be on that day due to a late kick off causing travel problems for supporters. Whether or not Sky would listen is a different matter but at least the club would be seen to try to buck the trend on behalf of their supporters.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So that puts us completely at their beck and call. Could we not say that we would rather not be on that day due to a late kick off causing travel problems for supporters.

If the fans and the club make alternative arrangements, there won't be travel problems. It will just be less convenient than it usually is. 'Travel problems' are not Sky's (nor the SAG's) concerns. Travel safety is.

Whether or not Sky would listen is a different matter but at least the club would be seen to try to buck the trend on behalf of their supporters.

Of course Sky won't listen. They've effectively bought themselves a seat at the top table.

The only thing they did listen to - and that was a total farce - was last year when they moved Arsenal v Liverpool to Christmas Eve. They moved it to December 22 instead, still at no-one's convenience.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always thought that our safety certificate was issued dependant on adequate public travel arrangements being available, which obviously they are not on Boxing Day. Or do Sky also control that?.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I fully accept and understand that but my point is do we NEED to break with tradition for the pounds .. I can understand a lower league team needing to but we have ample opportunity to be on TV for the money, so no need to sell our soles.

You leave the feet out of it

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I always thought that our safety certificate was issued dependant on adequate public travel arrangements being available, which obviously they are not on Boxing Day. Or do Sky also control that?.

Can only assume you were watching your first team the last time in the Amex era we played at home on Boxing Day? :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Couldn't you have asked if any other fans were driving over from Polegate and wanted to split the cost of parking? How many 5 seater cars will contain one person in the car park for the match? What a waste.

I wonder what the size of the carbon footprint is in your family?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry, I read ST as Sussex Taxi - I'm not entirely sure why, but that's my mistake and I apologise.

Seagull Travel is absolutely the way to get to the game, the service is generally very good and worth the investment.

Ahhh my apologies, only just seen your second post!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can only assume you were watching your first team the last time in the Amex era we played at home on Boxing Day? :shrug:

I have never had any problem getting to and from The Amex because my wife doesnt drink so if needed she has and would drive me and pick me up but that doesnt follow for everybody and as my brother said many will have had a drink on Christmas Day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My brother will miss his first game this season on that date as he has been to every away game and home game this season but (a) he lives some miles away and always travels by train especially over Christmas due to drink driving and having had a drink or two on Christmas Day. ( b) as he pointed out to me at the Wolves game Boxing Day is traditionally a day for sport during the day and the evening reserved for family time why should that all change to pamper to TV

So you can just reverse it and see family earlier which is what I will be doing and then have a good excuse to leave early to watch football...result

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just checked the B & H bus timetables for Boxing Day and it appears that buses are running but I could not see a timetable for the 25. as the timetables go in chronological order up to 22 then to 26 but no 25.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/172352.aspx

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 19.48.48.png

No trains at all on Southern on Boxing Day, get your parking or coach booked now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here