Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis McGuggan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But we play 4-4-2, so either we drop Stephens/Kayal to play him or change formation to shoe-horn him in to our team.

When we do switch to 4-5-1 I'd much rather have Kayal or Stephens given the free role than Lewis f*cking McGugan. Ask 100 Forest, Watford or Wednesday fans what they think of him and see how many rate him. He's made an entire career out of the occasional worldie and two prolific seasons. Ask yourself why after picking up 10 goals for Watford he was relegated to a bit-part player the following season, or why there was no real uproar when he left Forest, or even better, whilst playing 22 games for Wednesday this season they are looking to ship him out on loan.

He is a very average footballer, but idiots who watch highlights and see him score the occasional 30 yard scream think he's absolutely outstanding because they don't posses the mental faculties to see that he is distinctively average.QUOTE

What a rubbish post we play 4-4-2 with a wide midfielder either side so could still have one of the natural wide man and also a man who can score goals from midfield, while still playing Kayal and Stephens To describe him as distinctly average shows your football knowledge so I will not bother to discuss this with you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whata rubbish post we play 4-4-2 with a wide midfielder either side so could still have one of the natural wide man and also a man who can score goals from midfield, while still playing Kayal and Stephens To describe him as distinctly average shows your football knowledge so I will not bother to discuss this with you.

Average enough for Wednesday to be letting him go.........but worth a place in our team. Righto.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Average enough for Wednesday to be letting him go.........but worth a place in our team. Righto.

More to do with his attitude than ability and it is just whether or not CH could control that aspect of him. There is no question about his ability. Also Wed are said to be hoping to sign Adebayor in January so perhaps a wages adjustment issue.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whata rubbish post we play 4-4-2 with a wide midfielder either side so could still have one of the natural wide man and also a man who can score goals from midfield, while still playing Kayal and Stephens To describe him as distinctly average shows your football knowledge so I will not bother to discuss this with you.

I admire your footballing knowledge.

You know so much about Lewis McGugan you managed to spell his name wrong in the title of the thread. You, my good sir are obviously an expert.

Moron.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But we play 4-4-2, so either we drop Stephens/Kayal to play him or change formation to shoe-horn him in to our team.

When we do switch to 4-5-1 I'd much rather have Kayal or Stephens given the free role than Lewis f*cking McGugan. Ask 100 Forest, Watford or Wednesday fans what they think of him and see how many rate him. He's made an entire career out of the occasional worldie and two prolific seasons. Ask yourself why after picking up 10 goals for Watford he was relegated to a bit-part player the following season, or why there was no real uproar when he left Forest, or even better, whilst playing 22 games for Wednesday this season they are looking to ship him out on loan.

He is a very average footballer, but idiots who watch highlights and see him score the occasional 30 yard scream think he's absolutely outstanding because they don't posses the mental faculties to see that he is distinctively average.QUOTE

What a rubbish post we play 4-4-2 with a wide midfielder either side so could still have one of the natural wide man and also a man who can score goals from midfield, while still playing Kayal and Stephens To describe him as distinctly average shows your football knowledge so I will not bother to discuss this with you.

Most of the time he is distinctly average, he doesn't perform consistently enough to be worth considering. If he was as.good as you suggest teams wouldn't be so glad to see the back of him and his suspect attitude and.he'd be performing week in week out in the premier league, not being farmed out on loan by Sheffield wednesday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have lost our midfield attacking influence in recent games and he was just a suggestion. Hopefully Richie Towell will provide that again. or we will sign a player to do it as we have nobody at the club at the moment who is fit and capable.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
More to do with his attitude than ability.

Putting aside his ability you've hit the nail on the head. We are where we are largely as a result of team spirit/attitude as a group.
Bringing someone in to almost certainly compromise that (based on past history) is just plain daft

Feb 14, 2010
The midfield is more than good enough. The areas to improve are finding centre backs who understand that you defend on your feet especially when in the box and centre forwards who will score the goals created by the midfield and be fit enough to play 90 minutes week in week out.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Without doubt he could be a great player. Forest supporter I know says he's good if given a free role. Try to fit him into a structure or give him a set role in a side and it all falls apart, not a team player at all and as has already been said we've built what we have this season on solid team spirit. I for one don't want to lose that spirit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The midfield is more than good enough. The areas to improve are finding centre backs who understand that you defend on your feet especially when in the box and centre forwards who will score the goals created by the midfield and be fit enough to play 90 minutes week in week out.

Our midfiled 4 are not producing the chances for the strikers that they were earlier in the season.

Feb 14, 2010
Our midfiled 4 are not producing the chances for the strikers that they were earlier in the season.

Thats because Lua Lua, March and others are injured. Lua Lua and others are coming back. Probably losing March for the season will cost automatic promotion but the major failing has been lunatic defending at places like Derby and QPR. We scored 2 goals in both games but the defenders made idiotic challenges and surrendered leads both times. We do need a proper centre forward who scores goals and doesnt run around around lots and thinks thats his job also.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If weds ( :laugh: ) are getting rid of someone why on earth would we want him?

Oh, just realised Bens Grandfart is the OP.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Always starts well with every club he's been at, then fades away from the regular first team picture.

You have to ask why that is.

Exactly this, why ?

I have always wondered why would you really want to sign or even loan in players from other sides in your Division ?
Because the reason they leave their club is one of the following....

A: They're shite their club doesn't want them, why would you ? (So you wouldn't take them )

B: They have fallen out with the manager, board or done something that breaks club rules. (So you wouldn't want them they must be a trouble maker ))

C: They are at the very end of a contract and they can see the club they are at are shite,
and want to move to a club with more ambition, and that they know they are better than where they.
currently are. ( Yes ok reasonable but only if D doesn't apply )

D: And if for C then for more money too.

This brings me to the question then, would I really want someone from another club in our division, for any of the reasons other than C but without the money.
and the answer is no I wouldn't.

Van La Parra is brilliant I think, so why is he not in Wolves plans you need to ask ? I would put my bet on money , still trimming the wage bill there ?
So what would he cost us and how much would he want though ?
He will probably end up at Middlesbrough or Derby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here