Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite Albion-related commentary

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A recent one - Murray goal away at QPR last year was special - " Brighton find a way - this season they always find a way"

This is when really believed we were going up
Same here. Really love that. We repeated it playing garden football a lot, along with "Knockaert, can he finish? Of course he can...!!!" from around the same time (Wolves away?).

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Grealish.. square to Smillie.. Number 8 Howlett.. he's chipping one in for Gordon Smith.. IT'S THERE!!!

Still get shivers from that.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Birmingham away last year. "Murray - has scored for the Seagulls. How important could that goal be" brings a smile to my face every time I hear it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
1. Tony Millard @ Hereford
2. Jim Proudfoot @ Hove v Doncaster
3. Peter Jones @ Wembley ‘And Smith must score...’

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Somebody put a clip on here once of Robbie's goal at Hereford, but with the radio commentary instead of the TV one. That was brilliant. I think it was the legendary Tony Millard doing it.

Anybody know where it is?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'd also like to suggest the commentary of Jimmy Case's free kick at Highbury.
What a goal. What a day.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Johnny Cantor at Withdean when Liam Bricutt volleyed in the 4th goal, and we knew we were going into the Amex in the Championship.

It's the stuff of champions, it's the stuff of dreams.

I think Smith must score is heartbreaking, so can't call it a favourite.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Johnny Cantor's "stuff of dreams, stuff of champions" when Bridcutt's volley flew in was great.

Also love Mark Chapman's "and it's Buckley again...". What a moment.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Agree with all of the above
But also what about "This is the team that refuses to be beaten". BBC Sussex commentary I think when Stockdale made that second penalty save at Fulham last season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A recent one - Murray goal away at QPR last year was special - " Brighton find a way - this season they always find a way"

This is when really believed we were going up

When Poco crashed it in off the bar - was SO glad that was one of the few Aways I've made in the last few seasons. That was the moment I KNEW we were gonna do it.

Looking back at the table now, without the worry of the time - OF COURSE we were done and dusted then. Funny what nerves do to you at the time, Huddersfield wouldn't stop nicking cheeky 1-0 wins at one point as well.

Billythefish

Mar 21, 2013
1991 FA Cup vs Liverpool - I think it was Barry Davies commentating John Byrne slotted home making it 2-1 in extra time " and Byrne !..............a golden touch at the Goldstone Ground" still remember that night like it was yesterday - when that went in I thought we were on our way - Ian Rush had other ideas !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here