Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fans Of West Ham & Spurs

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Probably depends where you live, Spurs/West Ham may be the main event in Essex/East Anglia. Similarly, Albion fans seem to be split on our main rivalry being Portsmouth (if in the coastal towns to the west) or Palace (the rest).

If you think the costal towns to the west hate Pompey more than they hate Palace then can I sugget you visit the Railway in Lancing before the Palace game. Especially, if the rumours about Palace thinking they can drink there are true. I think it might change your mind.

:wink:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Dates back to London dockland disputes.

This. Ask any West Ham fan it's always Millwall and vice versa. But to be fair, West Ham hate most other London clubs too. Just not as much as Millwall.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Chelsea hate Leeds but Spurs are their big rivals. I say that having stood in the Shed in the '80s (£5 POTG) when I lived in London (and when Brighton weren't playing or were too far away for my budget to stretch).

PG

This is correct, I reckon the Spuds V Chelsea thing is much nastier than the Spuds V Wet Sham thing...

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Arsenal hate us due to proximity we hate them due to the underhand dealings they used to move to north London from Woolwich and the double dealings and back handers that got them promoted from 6th place in Div 2 after the war.

Chelsea hate us due to anti-semitism and thus off field activities.

West Ham hate us because they ned a rival they actually play. For most Spurs fans, WHU aren't even on their radar. They are like thrush.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fans Of West Ham & Spurs

One of my team at work is a Spurs STH. He ****ing HATES West Ham more than Arsenal. I’ll ask him about it tomorrow

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Probably depends where you live, Spurs/West Ham may be the main event in Essex/East Anglia. Similarly, Albion fans seem to be split on our main rivalry being Portsmouth (if in the coastal towns to the west) or Palace (the rest).
Eh??..... Palace... always.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having read both clubs fans forums I get the distinct impression that there isn't a great deal of love between them. I mean I know traditionally Spurs hate Arsenal and vice versa, and the same with West Ham and Millwall. Whether it's a London rivals thing or the fallout from who got the Olympic stadium but I detect a huge amount of loathing between the two clubs. Anyone know why?

P.S. Following the Albion is such sweetness and light that one is sheltered from this naughtiness. :angel:

All the big London clubs hate Spurs, plus Millwall, just Arsenal more so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This has always been the case. Spurs/Arsenal gets the headlines and West Ham /Millwall is only ever an occasional rivalry. The West Ham and Spurs fans I know have always seen each other as main rivals.
Arsenal have been Spurs main rival as long as I can remember, but W Sham have always hated Spurs and there's not much love back.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Spurs fans I know just think of west ham as their feeder club.

They really, really hate Chelsea.

This. Knowing a proper old school Spurs lad from the 80's - It's definitely Chelsea they hate, loads more than Arsenal. West Ham never really mentioned.

Spurs see Chelsea as horrible right wing ****s as compared to Spurs historically more diverse mob.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
This. Knowing a proper old school Spurs lad from the 80's - It's definitely Chelsea they hate, loads more than Arsenal. West Ham never really mentioned.

Spurs see Chelsea as horrible right wing ****s as compared to Spurs historically more diverse mob.

Sums it up nicely. Stamford Bridge is where the NF, British Movement & Combat 18 etc first got a foothold in football. Chelsea still have an extremely close relationship with Rangers for similar reasons. Hideous & detestable club from top to bottom.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
...or Hertfordshie ("Essex-lite").

Spurs are the traditional rivals of all the big London clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham). Some of it, sadly, has an historic anti-semitic root from when the NF was prevalent at West Ham and Chelsea.

West Ham and Millwall is a hooligan thing more than a football rivalry, in my view.

PG

Millwall don't like crystal palace just like us. I'm pretty sure they call them the Nigels. Also Charlton don't like crystal palace either. Makes sense really

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
...or Hertfordshie ("Essex-lite").

Spurs are the traditional rivals of all the big London clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham). Some of it, sadly, has an historic anti-semitic root from when the NF was prevalent at West Ham and Chelsea.

West Ham and Millwall is a hooligan thing more than a football rivalry, in my view.

PG

What a load of crap about why chelsea hate spurs , it stems from the 67 cup final a d when they relegated us in 74.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Chelsea's biggest rival is Leeds and started after the cup final and replay in 1970.

They hate each Other!

...yet every club in yorkshire down to Harrogate athletic in the Sunday league hate Leeds with a passion.

No its more tottenham with leeds a close.second

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Arsenal hate us due to proximity we hate them due to the underhand dealings they used to move to north London from Woolwich and the double dealings and back handers that got them promoted from 6th place in Div 2 after the war.

Chelsea hate us due to anti-semitism and thus off field activities.

West Ham hate us because they ned a rival they actually play. For most Spurs fans, WHU aren't even on their radar. They are like thrush.

Nothing to do with anti semitism why chelsea hate spurs , it might be used as a bit of a wind up but its not the reason .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here