Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How were the Wet Sham fans?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It looked mostly empty at about 80 minutes. All about selling tickets to tourists rather than creating an experience. Plastic really seems the apt word from what friends have said.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
raw.gif

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm surprised about the comments about our fans being quiet, on the TV last night we sounded loud and seemed to sing for large portions of the game. Watching again this morning confirms that.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The ground has hosted arguably one of the biggest sporting events in English history.....West Ham 0 Brighton 3. (Still pinching myself now!!)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Repeating what others have said, but Albion loud & clear on tv, & I was singing along in the office!
Loud BEFORE the 1st goal too.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It was very generous of the West Ham fans to leave before the penalty (the ground emptied before Murray had even taken it!). The journey back to Stratford station and to catch the tube was pretty easy as there were no crowds at all. Must be a nightmare to get to the station when everyone leaves en mass at the end of a game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was quite close to the albion fans and whilst louder than west ham (bubbles aside) it still didn't feel as loud as I 'm used to.
The ground was not built for football and any noise dissipates quickly.

As an arena to watch sport I thought it was very good, but for supporting your team - crap.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was in with the West Ham and thought the Albion were quiet until the third goal.

Think it was down to the stadium as well, but still comfortably louder than West Ham throughout the game.

Frankly their support is pitiful, and at times was very similar to Arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were right on the end of the row half way up the top tier adjacent to their fans, at the start they were just vile, where on earth do they come from? Hilarious though, no one really seemed to care about their crap. Eventually Mother Liz, who was sitting a few rows in front, called for the police and as soon as they arrived with their cameras the Neanderthals piped down and grumbled away quietly to themselves till about 70 minutes then ****ed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here