Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
My thoughts for what they are worth. Tomer goes to step over Yedlin's leg in pursuit of the ball which is rolling away. At the same time Yedlin is just starting to move his legs in order to stand up. His left leg moves about 6 inches to a position where it is under Tomer's foot just as Tomer steps forward. The first angle shows this quite clearly I think frame by frame. You cant see this in the second angle and it looks more like a stamp (which it clearly wasn't imho).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder how many posters on here would think it was a stamp if it was Yedlin on Hemed rather than the other way round?

Exactly. At a bare minimum, I reckon 90% of Newcastle fans will believe it was a deliberate act worthy of a red card.

They are the same as us, just born in an area where you have black stripes instead of blue.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, because Yedlin said "I felt something on my calf, I didn't see anything. I was in the mix of things. I don't know, it's not really important. It's important we learn from our mistakes and move on. I was on the ground."

If he'd been stamped on he would've been in agony.

Contact yes, stamp no.

So, if Hemed had said this, you wouldn't have believed him?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yes, because Yedlin said "I felt something on my calf, I didn't see anything. I was in the mix of things. I don't know, it's not really important. It's important we learn from our mistakes and move on. I was on the ground."

Contact yes, stamp no.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I reckon we'd all be saying what a great guy Hemed is for making light of what we thought was a very nasty challenge....

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I reckon we'd all be saying what a great guy Hemed is for making light of what we thought was a very nasty challenge....

Fair enough, but Yedlin wasn't in any pain from the very nasty challenge. Footballers, by nature, will generally exaggerate any contact from an opposition player. He hardly felt anything so made no response

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I wonder how many posters on here would think it was a stamp if it was Yedlin on Hemed rather than the other way round?

Frankly, I'm furious that this is even being discussed. Yedlin clearly attempts to damage Tomer's foot, by way of smashing his calf into our hero's boot. Unacceptable and I think he's gotten off very lightly.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Contact yes, stamp no.

Yedlin goes on to say “But I’m sure whoever is on the committee that punishes that sort of thing will figure it out.” So he's getting his tuppence in.
For the record, it wasn't A. a stamp, it certainly doesn't look B. intentional. But this is the world we've joined, where everything is under a microscope and opinions are justified by being paid for. If this had happened on a drizzly Tuesday night at say Charlton last year, would this really be all over Google? I mean, just search for "Yedlin/Stamp". It's ridiculous.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Naylor tweeted he has been charged with stamp, not sure what that means.

BREAKING: Hemed charged with alleged act of violent conduct not seen by match officials but caught on video after Yedlin incident. #bhafc

Edit: means it's going to panel.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Naylor tweeted he has been charged with stamp, not sure what that means.

BREAKING: Hemed charged with alleged act of violent conduct not seen by match officials but caught on video after Yedlin incident. #bhafc

Edit: means it's going to panel.

Panel of 3 ex-elite refs will decide on possibility of retrospective action against Hemed. They must all agree. #bhafc

So they might decide no case to answer or not serious foul play, but unsporting for example?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The moment Bensgrandad writes:-

I cannot believe that there is any suggestion that that tackle and tangling of legs was deliberate.

on the 'changes for Arsenal' thread, Tomer gets charged.

Hardly a coincidence is it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Guess it means the Blazers couldn't make a decision, but they think he has a case to answer, so they've handed it to the refs panel.

Still a fighting chance he won't get a ban I reckon. Listening to various pundits today, including former refs, there's no real consensus at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Guess it means the Blazers couldn't make a decision, but they think he has a case to answer, so they've handed it to the refs panel.

Still a fighting chance he won't get a ban I reckon. Listening to various pundits today, including former refs, there's no real consensus at all.

I think you're reading it wrong. The FA statement says:

"Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees.

"Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.

"For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous."

He has been charged. So surely the review has taken place and a unanimous "guilty" decision reached.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here