Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of signing a player with premier league experience ??

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Well, I seem to remember seeing Murray on Saturday. Rosenior and Bong will have a part to play too I'm sure.

I know its tough though, when you want us to sign someone really FAMOUS (or someone that you don't have to Google, as Danny Rose would say). Chin up snowflake.
Who said about signing someone famous ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Huddersfield, much to my chagrin, are a great and current example. How many of their squad have any extensive Premier League experience? 1? Maybe? Where are they in the league again?

Yes - they've not exactly played any of the big boys and it's early days BLAH BLAH BLAH. They are an excellent example of why "Premier League Experience" isn't a prerequisite to be able to hold your own in this league.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Not that at all. Appreciate the need to start picking up points but realistic enough to know that no signing even with prem experience is guaranteed to be a success. As a club we've spent a lot and if they gel as a team over the next couple of months we have every chance of staying up and pushing on from there. Akpom had this much heralded prem experience as did Wilson. Worked for them didnt it?
Agree but both young and pretty unproven .

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Any chance that we can sign a player and not have to worry about getting a work permit and international clearance?

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Huddersfield, much to my chagrin, are a great and current example. How many of their squad have any extensive Premier League experience? 1? Maybe? Where are they in the league again?

Yes - they've not exactly played any of the big boys and it's early days BLAH BLAH BLAH. They are an excellent example of why "Premier League Experience" isn't a prerequisite to be able to hold your own in this league.
Decent point. One big difffeence they have a manger who will give it a go and I'm afraid we don't .

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Decent point. One big difffeence they have a manger who will give it a go and I'm afraid we don't .

No, the big difference is the quality of the opposition they've faced thus far compared to us. If they come out of October / November where they play 5 of last seasons top 6 unscathed then I'll gladly bounce this topic and bow down to your superiority.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To many people treating this like we're competition winners being in the prem!

Feel free to provide the funding from your bank account then ...... ah..... might have found the problem there !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Any chance of people not incessantly whinging about something?

We could beat Barcelona 10-1 in the Champions League final, and you can guarantee there would still be some on here slagging off our defence/keeper for having conceded one.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well, I seem to remember seeing Murray on Saturday. Rosenior and Bong will have a part to play too I'm sure.

I know its tough though, when you want us to sign someone really FAMOUS (or someone that you don't have to Google, as Danny Rose would say). Chin up snowflake.

Don't think Bong ever played in the Premier League, but he does have top flight experience from France, which doesn't count. Same as Bruno and Hemed playing around 200 games between them in La Liga.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
No, the big difference is the quality of the opposition they've faced thus far compared to us. If they come out of October / November where they play 5 of last seasons top 6 unscathed then I'll gladly bounce this topic and bow down to your superiority.
Agree they have had easier games , but I will confidently say now we won't score 3 goals in a game away from home this season .

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes maybe have to pay over the odds but at least you know what your getting !!
Seem to be taking a lot of gambles on players we have no real idea how they will perform !

Bang on the money. I said this a while ago. This will ultimately be our downfall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here