Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
As striker #2 when signing 2 strikers I'd snap him up over Niasse and Wood everyday of the week, better priced, big, strong and RAPID. As long as he isn't our BIG signing he'd be a good addition.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Based upon the extremely successful spell enjoyed by our previous signing from a Zurich club (Nzuzi Toko, for those who have cast him aside from their memory) what could possibly go wrong?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've watched the clip a few times, and my professional* opinion is that he is rubbish at falling over in the penalty area. He's got a lot to learn about English football.

*please note that I'm an IT professional

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Looks too risky for the money ... I hope not. Niasse on loan over this one for me.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Based upon the extremely successful spell enjoyed by our previous signing from a Zurich club (Nzuzi Toko, for those who have cast him aside from their memory) what could possibly go wrong?

Thread ruined.

Hope and optimism vaporised.

£1m+ rated Toko did have a great showreel though and will face Raphael on the 9th Sept in the Super League if both players remain with their current clubs.

Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Yeah, the second is a tremendous goal whatever the level.

Apart from the massive wanging deflection on the replay from behind.

Still I like the idea of us signing a relative/complete unknown with raw talent. Properly motivated they could take the league by storm. None of this preconceived idea about playing the best in the world/how the English play crap just bundles of enthusiasm, hunger, desire and unpredictability.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's a massive gamble at that price. Toko looked miles off the pace in the Championship, the Swiss league is hugely inferior to the premier league. That's not to say that nobody will ever make the step up, but you wouldn't want to be relying on him as our main purchase.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Apart from the massive wanging deflection on the replay from behind.

Still I like the idea of us signing a relative/complete unknown with raw talent. Properly motivated they could take the league by storm. None of this preconceived idea about playing the best in the world/how the English play crap just bundles of enthusiasm, hunger, desire and unpredictability.

When you're dealing in the kind of money we're talking about these days, from the looks of his reel (cleverly cut to get the misses out of the way early), he's a perfect investment and fit for the squad.

He'd strengthen the left side which means Izzy has the option of playing more central and Solly can move around a bit. I'm no expert but that video reminds me of Lua Lua when he was injury free at the beginning of last season.

But what's most exciting is that he could play in behind. With the passing quality of Gross, Propper and Stephens, we could cause problems.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So he's scored 30-odd goals in the Austrian and Swiss second tier divisions, then a brace against Grasshoppers and Ethiopia. That's a hell of a step up to the cauldron of the Prem.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
mmm dont know why just dont see this one as right for us currently

slightly older more mature head required, what do i know though

a bit of young lukaku about him mind

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Pace, quick feet and he certainly seems to know where the goal is.
I know it's a big step up, but for some context, Tammy Abraham was at Bristol City last season and everyone hailed him as the next messiah.
It's a massive yes from me, he could be just what we need. In the scouting team we must now trust.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's so important we get this right. A good striker is key in our hopes for survival. Looks ok in video but we simply cannot take the risk especially if we plan to break our record again.
Our striker needs to have some pedigree ie come from Serie A, La Liga etc.
On this basis it's a no from me.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Never heard of him but then again he would almost certainly say the same of me, looking at the videos a few observations

On the plus side:

Still very young talented looks to have a good attitude on and off the pitch several cracking goals if he turned out to be very special his value could move into the tens of millions potential investment

On the negative side:

Much poorer league a lot of money for somone so young and unproven looks strong but not so sure about super quick did not see any evidance that he left defenders in his wake and the Premire league has some very quick defenders

On balance:

TB loves a gamble and most the signings so far a pretty safe bets proven players from proven leagues this lad is not these things for the right price he could be well worth a punt so it's a yes from me but not at that price but then again it's not my money

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Honestly guys. That reel could easily have been manu, best, akpom or obika given the quality of the league.

We premier league now. Ffs

Ronaldo was signed by Manchester United from Portugal without a very good scoring record at that point. The older Ronaldo was signed from PSV to Barcelona. Yes, the DUTCH league of Manu etc.

Now this guy is probably none of those. But you cannot discount a youngster tearing up a European league as not being good enough for the grade. IF Albion want him they have seen something there.

Stumpy Tim

My view is we need a strong, powerful, pacy UNIT up-front. This lad ticks the boxes, so it's a yes from me. I wonder if those worried about his age were as worried about Tammy Abraham's wage when he was being linked with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here